Creaking trim rear ?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
aussieitr
New ITRCA Member

Creaking trim rear ?

Post by aussieitr »

Hello, i've had a bit of a search and a read of past posts and couldn't find anthing on the topic so I'll get to my question.

My 2000 Type R with 50,000 km on the clock has developed a creak in the last 5000 km. It seem to be coming from the rear trim arond the hatch. I am not really kean to start to pull it all apart - though will if need be.

Has anyone else experienced the noise ?

I can get it to make the noise when conering (moderatly and more quickly) and it will appear when crossing crossing broken / poor road surfaces.

Thanks for the help. I've enjoyed reading the posts.
DC2 100% Stock
white rocket
ITRCA Member

Post by white rocket »

I have some "creaking" coming from that area as well. I believe it is the actual trunk latch. Most likely some loose components in there. I haven't really bothered to do anything about it but it is quite annoying.

I believe there is a write-up on Honda-Tech<-----can I say that here? :wink:
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

works for me...
swed
aussieitr
New ITRCA Member

Thanks for the ideas

Post by aussieitr »

I'll have a look at the Honda Tech site and see what I come up with. Mbe a little lithium grease on bolt threads will help. I really should have a good look at it.

Over here PY is called Racing Yellow - or if it was a Civic Sunlight Yellow.

Its funnny how the marketing departments change the colour name to suit not just the market but the model of car too....

If I end up sorting the problem i'll post and close off the topic.

Cheers

Paul
DC2 100% Stock
aussieitr
New ITRCA Member

no luck with honda tech ?

Post by aussieitr »

being a bit of a pain, but does anyone recall the thread this was posted in Honda Tech ? I've searched through the Type R specific forum ?
DC2 100% Stock
white rocket
ITRCA Member

Post by white rocket »

I did a quick search but couldn't find it either :( . I remember it being called "don't give Acura a cent" or something like that. It relates to the stealership charging a stupid amount to fix a common problem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
psychoBiLLy
New ITRCA Member

Post by psychoBiLLy »

i found that same noise. its coming from the rear trunk trim panel. the one on the hatch itself. i took the time and ripped it apart and it ends up that, its a metal clip on a metal surface. and its not a regular clip, it just slides ikn and holds it secure. hope that helps. i know, its annoying sound.
aussieitr
New ITRCA Member

Thanks

Post by aussieitr »

I'll have a look at the trim and look at pulling it apart. Now I just need to find the time. Cheers
DC2 100% Stock
Eva01
ITRCA Member

Post by Eva01 »

I've got that same creak coming from the rear trim. It's definately from the metal clips rubbing within their housings. I just turn up the radio and ignore it. :lol: