would you be able to plac ea k series in a type r

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

^_^
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Re: would you be able to plac ea k series in a type r

Post by George Knighton »

pingu wrote:yes i know its possible since everything is but would it be possible to put a type r of 03 ++ jdm of course into a 01 and yet be easy... meaning i dont want to weld other mounts and cut my firewall....
Yes, it's very easy these days. The motors are readily available, the transmission and LSD is readily available, and the people who make the mounts and headers finally have the hang of how to place the motor while giving enough ground clearance and withOUT blowing up the axles.

My own DC2 ITR has a K20A(*) and a K Pro: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1516743.

The only bad experience so far was related to the tuner's having purchased the K Pro system without describing to Hondata what the car was and what the application was. The ECU for the K Pro must be for a six speed car. If the ECU is delivered as if it is designed for a five speed car, then reverse lockout will not work correctly and the car will be hard to shift into fifth gear...which is not something you want to be thinking about at 120 miles per hour.

The issue was largely solved by hooking up a manually activated switch that throws the reverse lockout gate as necessary. It's still a little iffy, but it's a lot easier than before.

With no aftermarket parts at all, the car is at 220 HP on the dyno using a very cheap header.