need help......... I to know what header to buy...........

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
midwestR
New ITRCA Member

need help......... I to know what header to buy...........

Post by midwestR »

help me out R's racing what is the best header to get thats not out my range ( dont know yet)........hit me back up of what header u have or what works best with the motor...........because my stock dont work for me i need to release more air with the new manifold i might be putting in ...................thanks type r racers
keepin it N/A
New ITRCA Member

Post by keepin it N/A »

hey wats up bro i dont have em in yet but im gona be using DC sports 4-1 ceramic header. i do know that this is one of the best headers around for the money. i know the ceramics dont look quite as nice as stainless but they dont release as much heat into ur engine bay so deal with it.
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

I heard that Comptech long tube header is the best performance headers on market but its almost worth $1,000 I dunno if its worth it or no, haven't seen anybody using them.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Mark - I'm in the same boat. I've been running the dc sport 4-2-1 header that was for an LS (back in '98 before the R 4-1 was available).

I'm looking for either Toda Race or Comptech Race headers. I know SMSP will be great, but they are soooooo close to the oil pan, I'm thinking they have to really heat up the oil in race conditions.
Eva01
ITRCA Member

Post by Eva01 »

SerGTR wrote:I heard that Comptech long tube header is the best performance headers on market but its almost worth $1,000 I dunno if its worth it or no, haven't seen anybody using them.
Be warned that the ground clearance of these headers are terrible. If your car is lowered, I would not even consider one. Also, for 1000$, there are better headers available than the Comptech.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Eva01 wrote:
SerGTR wrote:I heard that Comptech long tube header is the best performance headers on market but its almost worth $1,000 I dunno if its worth it or no, haven't seen anybody using them.
Be warned that the ground clearance of these headers are terrible. If your car is lowered, I would not even consider one. Also, for 1000$, there are better headers available than the Comptech.
Good advice. Mark and I are running these cars on the track, so clearance isn't as much of an issue even though the cars are lowered.
midwestR
New ITRCA Member

Post by midwestR »

i need more advice on my header .....and will it be that close with the 4-1 header touching the floor.... well a b16 header work for a type R or is that totally different.....
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

midwestR wrote:i need more advice on my header .....and will it be that close with the 4-1 header touching the floor.... well a b16 header work for a type R or is that totally different.....
I am very sure that its is totally different because 1.6 liter engine is a bit smaller and produces less exhausts then 1.8 integra so it is probably different shaped too and won't fit. Well I just wouldn't recommend it, personaly I'd rather get jdm 4-1 header cuz its 2'5" and originaly equipped on DC2's also is not expensive as other aftermarket parts (well, least its defenately worth its price)
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

The b16 header will not fit the type r. It will be too short to fit on the taller block.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

My toda is nice!!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I'm awaiting my SMSP header now.
midwestR
New ITRCA Member

Post by midwestR »

yeah toda and smsp are good products but my buget is not that high......and i thought the type r works better with 4-1 not 4-2-1 cause the toda and the smsp are 4-2-1 right...... well i'm thinking of the jdm type r header from japan i think there dc-s or 5 something like that....so hit me back up with more info TYPE R racer......
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I have the OEM JDM 4-1 header and can't complain one bit.
In this thread http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight= I have a pic of it.

And the best thing about it... It's barely noticeable with the factory heatshield.
swed
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

midwestR wrote:yeah toda and smsp are good products but my buget is not that high......and i thought the type r works better with 4-1 not 4-2-1 cause the toda and the smsp are 4-2-1 right...... well i'm thinking of the jdm type r header from japan i think there dc-s or 5 something like that....so hit me back up with more info TYPE R racer......
The Toda and SMSP are two of the best headers you can buy......
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

walker111 wrote: The Toda and SMSP are two of the best headers you can buy......
Yep, along with Comptech race and HyTech. All of which are 4-2-1. Its not so much that either 4-1 or 4-2-1 is better. It all depends on the design. Other than the Toda all the ones walker and I just mentioned are very similar in design and also seem to make the most power out of any headers I've ever seen on b18c5s.

For good cheap power. The JDM ITR header or the JDM DC 4-1 are both very good.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »