yea! the day has come!!!!!!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
cory25
ITRCA Member

yea! the day has come!!!!!!

Post by cory25 »

ok so on friday the 28th I got my first R 2001 49K perfect condition yellow only mods HID. this is the love of my life cant beleve how amazing this car is. I will keep it forever. will post pics soon.
Q? I want to put a cold air intake on but in the past on preludes you had to do some cutting to make it work is that the case with this car?
And Ive bin on ebay to find one cheap but I cant tell if its for a type R or not does it differ from a GSR?
One more Q how many gallons of gas do these cars hold?

Thanks for any feedback!
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

Nice, I am happy for you :D, but myself I am at that point where you use to be when u had no ITR and was lookin for one :( . Well maybe me too someday will find a yellow beauty for myself too, hope I'll buy one before my b-day. By the way where did you bought yours from, do you know any good places to look for ITRs?
cory25
ITRCA Member

Post by cory25 »

I live in nashville ,TN but I bought it in dallas ,TX there seems to be alot more of these types of cars for sale there.
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

cory25 wrote:I live in nashville ,TN but I bought it in dallas ,TX there seems to be alot more of these types of cars for sale there.
Hey, whats that place where you bought it from? Is it published on web, or do you have their contact information? Because I am more than 100% sure that I am gonna buy ITR cuz thats the car i have a gear love to :D altough never owned one.
cory25
ITRCA Member

Post by cory25 »

well I bought the car from a person not a dealer, the only other one at the time had like turbos and all kinds of stuff. I used AUTOTRADER.COM to find it.
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

dont get a gsr intake its differant. and the tank should be about 12-13 gallons. congrants on the new car!
94 Integra GSR
ciRca
New ITRCA Member

Post by ciRca »

congrats on the R

please don't buy any performance parts from ebay, you won't have luck
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: yea! the day has come!!!!!!

Post by Bbasso »

Enjoy your caR!!!

take a look here for details on the ITR.
http://www.itrca.com/FAQ/faq.php
swed
Eva01
ITRCA Member

Post by Eva01 »

cory25 wrote:I live in nashville ,TN but I bought it in dallas ,TX there seems to be alot more of these types of cars for sale there.
LoL! Coincedentally, I also purchased my ITR from Ft. Worth/Dallas. :lol: Autotrader FTW! Congrats on the new ride.
typer483
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer483 »

StatGSR wrote:dont get a gsr intake its differant. and the tank should be about 12-13 gallons. congrants on the new car!

I believe 2.5" to 3" They are totally different.
Although, you can buy a short ram and make the bracket like I did. :wink:
cory25
ITRCA Member

Post by cory25 »

do you have pics of the short ram you made?[quote][/quote]
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

Autotrader is your best bet. You might have to travel to pick it up. Sometimes I go on there just to see all the yellow ones that are for sell. I did that yesterday and there were about 12-15 listed. That or check in the classifieds here and on Honda-Tech. If you cant find an ITR in those 3 places your doing something wrong.
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

ITR862 wrote:Autotrader is your best bet. You might have to travel to pick it up. Sometimes I go on there just to see all the yellow ones that are for sell. I did that yesterday and there were about 12-15 listed. That or check in the classifieds here and on Honda-Tech. If you cant find an ITR in those 3 places your doing something wrong.
Well, I have checked autotrader and I found around 15 ITRs, but some of them are really cheap there is one 2001 65k milage with like carbon fiber hood, rims, visual stuff and it costs something like $13,000. At first I thought like wow its a nice deal but same time I thought isn't 13k is too cheap for such deal. So my question is how can I be sure not to buy crappy one (example- owner had boost on it and he messed up compression). Do you know price ranges for 00/01 ITR's? Tnx
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

I've said this in the past, you can find good deals anywhere. I picked mine up for less than 13k, and its in good condition!
cory25
ITRCA Member

Post by cory25 »

yea you just have to look at it , mine is a a 2001 49k $15,500
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: yea! the day has come!!!!!!

Post by Mugen Mike »

cory25 wrote:Q? I want to put a cold air intake on but in the past on preludes you had to do some cutting to make it work is that the case with this car?
And Ive bin on ebay to find one cheap but I cant tell if its for a type R or not does it differ from a GSR?
What brand intake are you looking to purchase? The AEM intake is ITR specific, so you cannot use the GSR intake. The diameter is different, as well as the placement. The AEM intake does not require any cutting or modifying.
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

I wish I had a cak. -Dawn