Questions Regarding Comptech Products

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Rotaree
New ITRCA Member

Questions Regarding Comptech Products

Post by Rotaree »

I think I'm going to get the woman the Comptech Ice Box for X-mas. I noticed that you have to either use their intake system or filter kit according to Comptech. The filter kit looks like nothing more than a foam filter and if this is so, I would just as soon buy a conical K&N or what not for much cheaper, not to mention I'm not big on foam filters for cars. What kind of options am I playing with here?

As for camber kits: What do you guys think of the Comptech camber kits? I put H&R springs and Koni Sports (Yellows) on her car a while back and the alignment is a bit out of specification according to the book. It is nothing major and she would probably be fine running like she is, but the adjustability would be nice. Same thing; what are my options?

Any responses are welcomed.

Thanks.

Kyle
"Just because someone agrees with you doesn't make you right. It just means there's someone else out there as stupid as you."

-Nathan Reed
ITRacer121
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRacer121 »

I like the comptech Ice box but I agree with you about the filter that is why I am running a K&N in mine right now :wink:
If you dont have an exhaust for her already I would strongly recomend the comptech as well it is very nice and sleek improving horse power and weight not to mention keepling a stock look to it with a little more flair
as for campber kit I would think comptech is a good kit seeing as though all of thier other products are good IMO but a buddy of mine has the INGLE'S kit and it looked alright (I would go with the comptech though)
WHT95GSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by WHT95GSR »

Hey ITRACER121 what is the part # for the K&N that you are running in the Ice box right now. Is it a perfect fit?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Comptech Icebox is great. I have the foam filter and like it as well. The piece the foam filter uses to mount in the box to the stock arm brokwe so I have the K&N 2820 in the icebox now. I think the difference is small so go with what you like.

Comptech is a sponsor of the 2003 Type-R Expo so please tell them we spoke highly of them. YOu can tell Bob Trey from the Type-R Expo sent you.

As for camber kits a lot of questions come to mind. FIrst off what is your camber settings and what do you want them set to? Also note that camber is unlikely to wear out tires even out of spec compared to toe that is out of spec.

I would recommend looking into the SPC Performance Camber kit for the rear and Skunk 2 Camber Arms for the front. You can get both at http://www.landspeedracing.com Tell Mark Trey Sent you.

Now onto settings themselves. I personally see -2 degrees of camber as a max for street cars. I have yet to set my car up the way I want but after much trial and error as soon as I get the stuff from Mark at Landspeed plus the Zeal B6's that are on their way I will have my alignment redone.

Here is my suggestion: I have run -2 degrees for years with no adverse wear on my tires so that is what i will base my suggestions on for street cars.

Camber:
Front - -2.0 degrees
Rear- -1.75 degrees

Toe:
Front - 1/8" TOTAL Toe OUT (1/4" if you don't daily drive the car)
Rear - ZERO Toe
SurferX
New ITRCA Member

Post by SurferX »

Nothing bad on Comptech, but I wouldn't use their catback exhaust on a Type R. It's the same size as the stock exhaust and didn't really do much anything for me on the dyno. It's a great quality piece for the other model Integras but a Type R IMHO needs something a little bigger.
ITRacer121
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRacer121 »

I tend to like the size of the exhaust and I think anythig bigger would make the R stand for more Rice
as for the filter code I have an E-2427 and it fits perfectly
I hope to be at EXPO as well
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

I say good improvements on the dyno for comptech. It is just a broder range rather than high peakey hp!
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)