Hydraulic Clutch Issue

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Mugen Mike wrote:
walker111 wrote:Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 17 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 992.26 miles

I'll be there in a couple of minutes!!!
Sweet - I'll buy ya lunch! :P
lol
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

So who want's to convert my car to cable tranny for me? :roll:
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

I wish I had a cak. -Dawn
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Are you kidding? This shit is ridiculous!!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Mike, send me an email with everything you have tried and everything you have replaced. I'm gonna run this by my old man and see what he has to say.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

walker111 wrote:Are you kidding? This shit is ridiculous!!
Wish I was. We even used the Vacula power bleeder this time and sucked a whole bottle of fluid through the system. Pedal still sunk overnight.
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

I'm speachless.........................
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

As is everyone else I have talked to....
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Real stupid question, but, have you checked the pedal assembly?
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

Not really - what should I be looking for?

When I took the last master out, the pedal is either all the way at the top or all the way at the bottom. If the pedal is at the top and you push it, it will snap down to the floor and vice-versa. Is that the way it should be?
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Mugen Mike wrote:Not really - what should I be looking for?

When I took the last master out, the pedal is either all the way at the top or all the way at the bottom. If the pedal is at the top and you push it, it will snap down to the floor and vice-versa. Is that the way it should be?
Yes, the pedal should do that, and not hold anywhere in the middle. I'll call my old man at lunch and see what he say. You wanna make a trip to FL? :P

Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

Dave B wrote:Yes, the pedal should do that, and not hold anywhere in the middle. I'll call my old man at lunch and see what he say. You wanna make a trip to FL? :P
Sure, I'll just have to stop a few times on the way to bleed the clutch. :P
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Mugen Mike wrote:
Dave B wrote:Yes, the pedal should do that, and not hold anywhere in the middle. I'll call my old man at lunch and see what he say. You wanna make a trip to FL? :P
Sure, I'll just have to stop a few times on the way to bleed the clutch. :P
haha.

I guess you would be looking for anything out of the ordinary..
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Mike, just got off the phone with the "man" he wants to know if the fluid level in the res. is dropping? We know it's a leak, it's got to be. Now the question is where. Have you pulled back the dust boot on the trans where the line goes into it (having a brain fart, can't remember the name of that damn thing) That's his first guess. If not, I'll PM you his phone number so you can talk to him directly. HTH.

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

slave cylinder numb nutz

That has been replaced already. There are currently no leaks anywhere at the time.... The only place it was slightly leaking from was the hose right under the CM
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

If the fluid level is dropping, it isn't significant enough to notice.

It definitely seems like a leak, but why is there no fluid around any of the connections?!

We have not removed that boot to inspect the area around the slave cylinder, although the slave has been replaced.
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Yes yes, the slave. Now was about on the back of the MC. Any fluid under the dash on that side? Carpet wet a little bit there? If not, and I'm shooting blanks...:P Then he can call the old man directly.

Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

walker111 wrote:The only place it was slightly leaking from was the hose right under the CM
Correct, and that leak has been fixed.
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Mugen Mike wrote:If the fluid level is dropping, it isn't significant enough to notice.

It definitely seems like a leak, but why is there no fluid around any of the connections?!

We have not removed that boot to inspect the area around the slave cylinder, although the slave has been replaced.
Take that stupid boot off. And see if everything is copesetic(sp?)
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Now, the tech. After doing the brakes on the ITR, front calipers and SS lines all around. We bled the complete brake system, we never touched the Clutch master, however when we were done with everything I had no clutch pedal. At that point we were kind of in a rush and myself, my friend P, and Mr Sakai were stumped. Alot of WTF's and cigarettes and we decided to just bleed the clutch and everything was fine

This was a problem I had awhile ago. Something wasnt right with the slave, we ended up messing with it and bled the system and it worked.
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

Was just chatting with Clayton. He wants to remove the entire system and re-assemble it outside of the car, get the system bled outside the car and see if it maintains pressure overnight.
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Mugen Mike wrote:Was just chatting with Clayton. He wants to remove the entire system and re-assemble it outside of the car, get the system bled outside the car and see if it maintains pressure overnight.
Wow, thats a good amount of work....
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

walker111 wrote:Now, the tech. After doing the brakes on the ITR, front calipers and SS lines all around. We bled the complete brake system, we never touched the Clutch master, however when we were done with everything I had no clutch pedal. At that point we were kind of in a rush and myself, my friend P, and Mr Sakai were stumped. Alot of WTF's and cigarettes and we decided to just bleed the clutch and everything was fine

This was a problem I had awhile ago. Something wasnt right with the slave, we ended up messing with it and bled the system and it worked.
So after overhauling your brakes you had no clutch pedal pressure?
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Mugen Mike wrote:
walker111 wrote:Now, the tech. After doing the brakes on the ITR, front calipers and SS lines all around. We bled the complete brake system, we never touched the Clutch master, however when we were done with everything I had no clutch pedal. At that point we were kind of in a rush and myself, my friend P, and Mr Sakai were stumped. Alot of WTF's and cigarettes and we decided to just bleed the clutch and everything was fine

So after overhauling your brakes you had no clutch pedal pressure?
Correct! But we took the slave cylinder off and realligned it and bled the system and it was good. We took the boot off of the trans, just so we could see what we were doing. I still have no clue why it happened but its fixed now... Thats not too much help
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Mike, would you like my old mans number so you can run things by him?

Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

Dave B wrote:Yes yes, the slave. Now was about on the back of the MC. Any fluid under the dash on that side? Carpet wet a little bit there? If not, and I'm shooting blanks...:P Then he can call the old man directly.
There's definitely no fluid leaking from the master, I've had my head up the underside of the dash quite a bit lately. :P
-Mike
'98 ITR #142