Tranny problem after expo..

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
naDC2R
ITRCA Member

Tranny problem after expo..

Post by naDC2R »

so drivin around the track i had no problems at all with goin thru the gears, especially since i was mostly into 3rd and 4th on track. On the drive home (about a 5hr drive), i was mostly cruisin into 4th and 5th, averagin bout 140km/h except in construction zones. So anyways, after the long drive, i get into my city, i get to a red light, i stop, then i get a green, i go to put it into 1st, and it just grinds like crazy....then at the next light, it wouldnt go into 1st at all, so i tried startin it from 2nd, and it grinds again...i was like wtfff!! and even right now, same deal, it will not go smoothly into 1st or 2nd, and 1st feels like its lockin up or somethin.
Anyone have any idea what happend to my tranny?!?! :cry:
96 Spec R
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Sounds like clutch, but check all other things first before pulling the transmission.
swed
naDC2R
ITRCA Member

Post by naDC2R »

if it was the clutch, wouldnt i notice some kind of slipping...cause it grabs like from day one (its an ACT 6puck HD).
96 Spec R
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Possibly the release bearing. Have the fluids been checked already?
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Did you let Mugen Mike touch your car? That would do it for sure.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

The clutch surface could be intact, and still give you problems because of the springs that seem to break their mounting points. If the spring breaks loose it will cause the car not to go into gear. It happened to me on the road in Fl last year. the only solution was to replace it.
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:The clutch surface could be intact, and still give you problems because of the springs that seem to break their mounting points. If the spring breaks loose it will cause the car not to go into gear. It happened to me on the road in Fl last year. the only solution was to replace it.
Same thing happened to me last fall. :?
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

This is what happened to your clutch. Happened to me a few weeks ago....

ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

Its a or all the springs in your clutch plate. Mine did the same thing a couple of years ago. All of a sudden I couldn't get into any gear. When we took the clutch out one of the springs fell on the ground in a couple of pieces. Mine was an ACT too. It only lasted about a year.

Maybe its common. Ive had my stock clutch for 2 years and it is still perfect.
naDC2R
ITRCA Member

Post by naDC2R »

So, it might be the springs then therefore i cant use 1st and 2nd, but how come the other gears work perfectly fine? Either way the tranny is coming off as soon as i get some time to do all that, and ill probably end up replacing a whole bunch of stuff anyways.
96 Spec R