I really want to get a Type R... a few questions...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
lostlilchild6
New ITRCA Member

I really want to get a Type R... a few questions...

Post by lostlilchild6 »

Well.. I drive an infinity G20 right now :(... and I really want a Type R. My dream one would be yellow, with some kind of exhaust, maybe a matrix orsomething, and probably an AEM CAI.

Its not possible to get a brand new Type R right? I really want to get a newest year possible, although I know its gonna have to be second hand. I dont really wanna mod it out too much at the moment (thats what they all say), I just really want a car thats fast. Also... when shopping for one, what are things to look for? and things to totally stay away from. Thanks a bunch fellas.
I drive an infinity G20 (SR-20DE) :(.
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

Post by 00civicsiturbo7psi »

well if you want a phoenix yellow r then you will be buying either a 00/01 because those are the only years the type r were in yellow.
just look out someone doesnt sell you an r with a salvaged title. some people wont tell you until you get the title and then you find out. well good luck in youre search.
alex b
New ITRCA Member

Post by alex b »

make sure you check it out with carfax. i can most likely get you a free one since i work at a Dodge Dealership, so let me know if you find one you want to buy.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

yeah, brand new is impossible. unless you get one from Japan (technically still integra, but in the states RSX Type-R).
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
R0902
New ITRCA Member

Post by R0902 »

i have a 2000 PY type R with AEM cold air, apexi cat-back, action 2MD clutch and alpine T.V., DVD and might sell if price is right.
19,650 miles, keep very good care of since day one.
2000 PY integra type R
2002 honda CBR 600 F4i
Vtec_Burnin'
New ITRCA Member

Post by Vtec_Burnin' »

wats your price on the R that your selling?
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

If you want fast, don't buy the type r. Try getting a Mustang, WRX, EVO 8, or WRX sti.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Stang? Fast? :lol:
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Vtec_Burnin'
New ITRCA Member

Post by Vtec_Burnin' »

stang's not fast...rsx is way faster than a stang, especially in top end.
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Type R is plenty fast; don't know what some people are comparing it with. Anything under 7 sec to 60 is fast; top end over 140 is also fast. Tho I own a '98 R and am glad of it, I don't think you can call a Mustang slow, esp the GT. It's a truly fast car - and we're not even talking about the scorcher Cobra; decent bang for the buck, both models. Certainly not as refined as the R, or as nice in ANY way, but hey, give a horse its due!
I can't imagine you finding a Type R and not being completely satisfied. Good luck
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I'm comparing it to the other cars that I mentioned. Type R isn't really that "fast". Everyone has their own definition. Maybe I should have said Mustand GT
typer483
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer483 »

Personally I shit on Mustangs everytime I pull up to them at a light.
Not a bad car though. You can still buy one for 3,500 and put a grand into and make it rediculously fast. Fuck ford. I like style with performance. I'll stay looking pretty in my R any day.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

GT isn't fast. It has twice the engine as the r but is one of the most comparred cars to the r. The cobra is a different story though.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
type R fanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by type R fanatic »

typer483 wrote:Personally I shit on Mustangs everytime I pull up to them at a light.
Not a bad car though. You can still buy one for 3,500 and put a grand into and make it rediculously fast. Fuck ford. I like style with performance. I'll stay looking pretty in my R any day.
Well put, I definitely agree :lol:
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

whew, tough group. ANYWAY, be patient in your search. If you can't find an R, consider a GSR - also well made, quick, and very modify-able; it's certainly a step up from a G20 and would be very satisfying I'm sure. Good luck.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Amen TypeR483!

Post by Type R 98 »

U look normal in a mustang, I don't see too many Type R's and people tend to notice em, Type R's get much more respect.. but be warned...
buying a type R means all those Big blocs and car dudes questionning you at every single party you'll go too and you'll end up tired of talking about cars all the time at one point:) I like talking about cars, but they don't praise you as much as tell you that 1.8 liter is bullsh!t and torquless and more expensive to mod and bla bla bla... see me at the red light punks!
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870