Assholes provoking me to race.. Whats your story....

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

Assholes provoking me to race.. Whats your story....

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

Today was another day for me, another young buck or another idiot just got their new/used car trying to provoking me into racing on the streets or on the freeway. I should put a huge sticker behind me saying "I only race at the track!" to get all of these dumbass off my back. And give them my number so I can meet them up at the track to see whats up...hehehe
My story...
As soon as I got out of my house and drove no more than a mile there was a car right at my tail. Tail gating me and revving up on an crowded street. The guy followed me all the way to the freeway slamming on his gas, revving and high beaming me. I dont know whats up with these guys. They dont see there are commuters and pedestian on the streets. Maybe this guy is really dumb or does not care at all. In the first place the jerk problably did not know its illegal to run in the streets. Second, he problably did not know stickers will not help make his car go any faster ( he wasnt going anywhere)! Third, revving up doesnt make him look cool at all. Beware southern cali. there is alot of dumb asses out there just trying to get you into racing on the streets. Dont fall for it or you can be in the slammer next to Bubba. . I have been in this import scene for 8 years on the track and on the show scene and I am sick and tired of all these assholes making us import enthusiast look bad.To all you guys out there racing in the streets...think before you do it. Sorry... I had to let out my aggression. Thanks for reading my story.
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Well written. Unfortunately, the idiots you speak of are not limited to So. Cal. Driving an R is a real temptation, both for us, the drivers, and other challengers who want to see 'what we got'
I wish I could say I've never played on public roads, tho I lamely rationalize that I'm being careful, I'm a good driver, etc. I have been selective as to where & when, but you never know when something or somebody's gonna jump out and bite you in the ass. Bottom line: be careful on the streets guys & girls; don't want you, or anyone else, ending up in an ER
reiner383
New ITRCA Member

Post by reiner383 »

I agree they're not just in So. Cal. It gets really irritating that people are always doing stupid stuff to get you to race. I don't have it quite so bad cuz I'm a chick and they think I can't drive, but there are still stupid boys out there that think they are hot ****.