cams cams cams

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
champwhite98
New ITRCA Member

cams cams cams

Post by champwhite98 »

yet another cam question...

what would be the best cam to put in a ITR? Im not lookin to upgrade my valvetrian at all..
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

ummm.......

Post by Aj »

Well, about the only thing you really want to run without upgrading your valve train would be Skunk2 Stage one cams, as long as you keep your factory rev limiter.

Anything more aggresive than either those, or live a set of toda spec A, and you're gonna start breaking stuff. Just remember, keep your factory rev limiter if you're gonna get a cam upgrade without the rest of the head.

Later,
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Toda Spec A's will be ok with Stock valve springs too. Again like AJ said don't raise the rev limit.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

i'm going toda spec-a cams and mugen n1 ecu (rev limit moved up to 9400). I dont' really think that's drastic enough to have to build the head...
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

pUrExTc wrote:i'm going toda spec-a cams and mugen n1 ecu (rev limit moved up to 9400). I dont' really think that's drastic enough to have to build the head...

9400 :shock: GOOD LUCK.....

that poor head.....
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Bowdwn
ITRCA Member

Post by Bowdwn »

was thinking the same thing 9400 hmmmmmmmmm. thats kinda high for stock valve train...