i smashed my R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Type_R_01_0002
New ITRCA Member

i smashed my R

Post by Type_R_01_0002 »

hi guys
about 2 weeks ago i was hit on the passenger side rear quarter panel of my R and along the side of my passenger door, its being fixed as i speak now.
the damage wasnt 2 bad but i feel disheartened now that i know its been in an accident.
do u think i should sell her or am i just being a fussy idiot.
type R fanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by type R fanatic »

ouch!!! :shock: sorry to hear that, i think that you should keep her. After all its an R!
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Keep it; it's just body damage, right? As long as it's a good body shop it'll be fine. There aren't too many R's, and I'm sure more than a few of them have been dinged. Just because she's not a virgin doesn't mean she's not worth keeping.
Remember, most old classics you see have had some new paint put on them.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Keep it;)

Post by Type R 98 »

i smashed mine cause of slippery whether conditions on the first of april last year (in quebec, Canada, thats the day you usually take your car out if your eager to drive it) I had the whole car cut in half and i know have a sunroof(GSR Rear), which is bad in a way for the original look, but is good in another cuz i dont have that AC in mine and i kept overheating in those black seats, so i got me 2 sparco torino's with the racing sparco belts in to shut up everyone telling me this aint no real R. Plus, I hit it where i had to redo paint anyway and i was planning on repainting it the same winter that was supposed to follow the spring i smashed it. It's very disapointing, but once its fixed, and you get back to it, you wont be able to get rid of it!
Now funny thing is everyone wants to race me when im on the Highway cuz im no where near stock, and they think im ricing it up nicely by replacing cheap integra parts with mods(which i'm not), till i pass by those mustangs with a nice lil AEM CAI sound:) Now my car is like i wanted it to look in the first place(flawless), it was redone by acura, which made me feel safer.
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Sorry to hear that. Nice number ITR you have there too.
Type_R_01_0002
New ITRCA Member

Post by Type_R_01_0002 »

yeah i thought i was pretty lucky gettin that number, as im from sydney australia there arent that many around, i scored the yellow recaros aswell :D .
thanx 4 replying 2 my post guys, i dont feel so disheartened anymore, hopefully i get my R back 2morrow.
cheers
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

A true sports car like the Type R ain't a sports car unless it has war scars :twisted:
Type_R_01_0002
New ITRCA Member

Post by Type_R_01_0002 »

i got my R back and shes good as new, except the body shop put my rear bumper on crooked :shock: can anybody tell me how 2 clip these suckers on.
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Post by Utilitarian »

You should definately sell it quick! Just kidding. If it doesn't alter the perfomance of your car then you're set. Besides, good luck finding another one. Sorry to hear that though. I just hope you took it to a reputable body shop.
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile