Corner turn signal lights?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
psychoBiLLy
New ITRCA Member

Corner turn signal lights?

Post by psychoBiLLy »

my itr just got taxed for the corner lights. damn haters! but atleast they left me the bulbs and connectors. had to buy them from dealer $69 each!!! anyone got any ideas how to modify it so it won't get stolen. i was thinking about putting tamper proof torx instead of the regular philips screws. just wanted to know wat everyone else was doing?
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Re: Corner turn signal lights?

Post by Erik95LS »

psychoBiLLy wrote:tamper proof
Theres no such thing.

Torx would be a good idea. Other than that I can't really think of anything other than trying to create some sort of other mounting point behind the light. Good luck.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

from underneath look up at the way it clips in to place and maybe one of those small lugage locks would help?
swed
psychoBiLLy
New ITRCA Member

Post by psychoBiLLy »

actually there is a tamper proof torx. i work on german cars and we got lots of them. it looks like a regular torx but has a little wiener in the middle. thanks for the help though. gotta look in to it this weekend
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

psychoBiLLy wrote:actually there is a tamper proof torx. i work on german cars and we got lots of them. it looks like a regular torx but has a little wiener in the middle. thanks for the help though. gotta look in to it this weekend
my point is simply that nothing is tamper proof. if theres a way to put it together then theres a way to take it apart. I seriously doubt anyone would go through so much trouble for some turn signals though.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Erik95LS wrote: my point is simply that nothing is tamper proof. if theres a way to put it together then theres a way to take it apart.
Unless you use rivets...well you can drill those out....
psychoBiLLy
New ITRCA Member

Post by psychoBiLLy »

thanks for all the help. i found some torx screws to replace the phillips.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik95LS wrote:
psychoBiLLy wrote:tamper proof
Theres no such thing.

Torx would be a good idea. Other than that I can't really think of anything other than trying to create some sort of other mounting point behind the light. Good luck.
No such thing? I beg to differ. I've seen many different head styles that most people don't have.

<---- used to work at a fastener warehouse... :P

Edit: And there not the "weiner" torx like the German guy said...
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.