how much is my R worth

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

how much is my R worth

Post by SanjayR »

Ive only seen Type R's on here for sale with low miles so i am wondering how much mine would be worth, or what i could get for it. its a 98 with 64K, excellent cond, aem cai,H&R type r springs, revolution muffler,aem pulleys, b&M fpr. Just curious to see what i could get for it.
TYPE R
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

15-16k
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

I would say 16k is accurate. However people would ask about 18k trying to get extra. If you put it on ebay, I would do a buy now for 17.5k-18k with a reserve of 16k.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

You will get more if you saved the original parts. In fact I would put them back on if you really wanted to sell it. There are a lot of parts i would rather not have come on my R.

I would say $15,500, $16,000. I paid $17,000 for an R with all it's parts a remus muffler and 34,000 miles on it last May.
xanctus
New ITRCA Member

Post by xanctus »

How about an 98 R fully stock, 45Ks? do you guys think I can get it by 18K or high 17Ks or is it too much? the condition of the car it self is excellent, pure weekend car, no race what so ever.
s2ktaxi
New ITRCA Member

Post by s2ktaxi »

I'd pay $16,500 for a stock car.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

You all would probably shit in your pants if i told you how muchi got my R for..lets just say its way under all the prices mentioned above. If you wait the deal will come. I waited a long time for this deal. i got it for under 13,000, and its not wrecked or anything. Good condition.
TYPE R
s2ktaxi
New ITRCA Member

Post by s2ktaxi »

Sometimes, you get lucky... :)
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Under $13k for a nice '98? More like the steal of the century. Whats this world coming to???!!!!!!
For you, the prospective buyer, don't wait for this kind of price. Unless you're exceedingly lucky we'll be talking to you next year, too! I don't think $16 - 18 K is a bad price for a nice '98. Take your time and good luck.
reiner383
New ITRCA Member

Post by reiner383 »

15.5-16K is pretty reasonable. But just to tell you that my boss bought one two years ago with 17,000 miles for the same price in perfect condition. That was a rare instance though. Personally I would take whatever high book on a '98 GSR (???) is and add 1,500-2,500 for the "rare" factor. Only because it's got so many miles on it.
thebusdriver
New ITRCA Member

Me...do me ....do me!

Post by thebusdriver »

2000 ITR stock 24.5K miles
MugenPoweR
New ITRCA Member

Post by MugenPoweR »

hmm... i even think anything over 15k for a 98R is too expensive. Im thinkin about buyin a 97R from this guy around my area. hes askin 11k. the car has 80k miles on it. there are other people on this forum with 2000 fbp with 30k miles that sell their cars for 18k so anything over 15 for a 98 type r is just too much realistically, unless the mileage is unbelievably low.
blee
New ITRCA Member

Post by blee »

how about this? i have a 97 itr with only two mods. black jdm seats, and semi racs brake pads. also it has 28k on the clock.
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Unless you're in a desparate hurry to sell, ask high and take what you're comfortable with.
I've said this kind of thing before in these forums, and I stick to it. This is a very limited edition specialty car, and to a great extent we, the owners, control it's worth. I think selling a nice '97 for $11K - less than 50% of its original price! - is pathetic, though good for you, the buyer! Try getting a '97 911 for <50% of its original price.
I realize that, for some reason, be it lack of 'tradition', being Japanese, too owner-friendly or whatever (even owner complacency perhaps?), Honda specialty cars don't seem to hold their value like other brands; see NSX, Type R?; - when their bread & butter cars have tremendous resale. The buying public is fickle, but for that reason alone we as owners do have some control over the R's worth.
Ok, that was good ventilating; that's what forums are for, right??!! I truly realize that you guys may just be more realistic about the pricing of Type R's since you, and your peers, ARE the buying public for this car. Just hard to swallow that drop in value.
ANYWAY, good luck with your buying/selling.