cracked headers

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
integtypr01
New ITRCA Member

cracked headers

Post by integtypr01 »

I recently bought an ITR and noticed a couple weeks after I had it the headers were cracking. They are Hytech headers and I have no clue why they did this. I e-mailed John about it and he said they would fix them no charge. Would it be just as good it get them fixed near me instead of going through all the trouble of shipping them to him? Any suggestions?
thanks
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Wow, how did you get a Hytech header over there? I would say, get it fixed. First time I have heard of this though.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Definitely ship the, because if he screws them up worse, he'll be able to replace them, and he also knows what he's doing when it comes to headers. get them fixed locally, and you may get an appology, which is not what you want.

I say this from experience, I'm about 2-3 hours south of you, and there is no one with in like 4 or 500 miles that I'd even think about trusting with a set of Hytech headers!!

Especially if the fix is free. Ship them out, and save yourself the time and agrivation of possibly not having it done right.

Later,
Aj
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Oh, your in FL. I thought you were in Australia! :hammer: :oops:
integtypr01
New ITRCA Member

Post by integtypr01 »

I was about to say it wasnt that hard to ship em to florida...but australia, I can see what u were thinkin. I had an auto shop here look at them and it turns out that the guy that owned it before me must have hit a big speed bump or something. Theres a dent on the bottem of them that cracked it. So hytech wont fix it for free :( AJ- you sure that its worth shipping them, its a major pain in the butt. Theres no good welders here? Iv had some suggestions, but I dont want some half-ass job
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Hytech

Post by Aj »

The only place I know locally that does good TIG welding is a place called Britts(may only have one "T") welding down in Ft. Lauderdale, but in all honesty, if it's dented as well, if you send it out to Hytech, they may just replace that primary pipe that is dented. You really want to take it to a place that's not just good at welding, but is familiar with header design. If you can find some place like that, then you're straight, but I'm not aware of any one in south FL, and I've spent a good deal of time looking. Realistically, you're really better off just sending it back to them, even if it is a pain in the ass.

Hell, if you don't feel like fixing them, I'll buy them off you.....Either that, or just buy you like a new JDM DC 4-1 or something. Up to you, let me know if you decide to sell them.

Later,
Aj
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

Yikes...someone cracked the header, damn that must have been one hell of a hit, the tubing that John uses is pretty big since it's designed to hold up on the street...wow.

Take a picture and post it for us if you could.

Austin
integtypr01
New ITRCA Member

Post by integtypr01 »

Hell, if you don't feel like fixing them, I'll buy them off you.....

you still interested in buying them??