Naturally aspirated

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Naturally aspirated

Post by Kangbateh »

Is it possible to produce 500 horsepower to the wheels from the Type R built all motor ? if so what modifications are neccesary to produce this type of power? right now I got Jun camshafts, Spoon flywheel, Mugen ECU, AEM CAI, AEM adjustable pressure regulater, Spoon plug wires, Mugen thermostat, and Buddyclub racing spec muffler 3. Now either I'm going to go all moter and build to my goal to 500 horsepower or gain that much with forced induction. which is more possible?
:twisted:
Dr Who
New ITRCA Member

Post by Dr Who »

lol i would say forced induction...if you had a 500 hp na motor it would run for about 2 weeks then die on you. i think most people shoot for 200-230 whp na. but with either decision, you will have do major bottom end work
TyPeRChArGeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by TyPeRChArGeR »

You would be better off to go forced induction if you want 500whp because I don't know of any ITR all motor that even comes close to that. The most I seen for ITRs are almost at 300whp or a little more over. That right there cost a fortune just for that power.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

my opinion

Post by Type R 98 »

If you can even get 500 Crank HP with an ITR even with Forced induction ill bow down to you.
Meguiars forced induction Super/turbo charged Type R is around 400 HP dunno if thats wheels or not, and its for sale 49 000 $ so, you figure out how much it would cost you for a 500 hp itr:)
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

I have never herd of a 500 hp integra. sorry
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

after seeing a lot of your comments I feel tempted to try and reach 500 Horsepower. Thanks alot for your posts! :twisted:
bbqman
Canadian Director

HP

Post by bbqman »

The Realtime ITR's have been in developpement for over 5 yrs and although they have a few restrictions imposed, the best they can do is about 230 wheel HP....at least this is what their competition says.

If sky was the limit, i figure they can go for possibly 275 wheel HP, give all their connections and R&D...so ......500 is way far....and at what cost?
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

paul98itr wrote:I have never herd of a 500 hp integra. sorry
WHAT? Where have you been. Check out SCC mag. There a TypeR on the cover maken more then 600whp....Daily Driven.

As far as 500whp all motor you wouldn't be able to drive it on the streets.... :cry:
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

well

Post by Type R 98 »

find me that article, i sure as hell wanna see a 600 whp abusive forced induction B18C5
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Erik B wrote:
WHAT? Where have you been. Check out SCC mag. There a TypeR on the cover maken more then 600whp....Daily Driven.

As far as 500whp all motor you wouldn't be able to drive it on the streets.... :cry:
I subscribe to scc and supper street and haven't seen that. I am gonna go look for it. The only car I saw was a gsr running 489hp, street driven.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

Well, in the Sport Compact Car magazine a while back, they had a front page cover called the 400 horsepower club (September 2001 volume 13, No. 9) and there was one hell of a Boosted GSR 491 HP. of course it was forced induction, but I believe that if you can get 500 HP out of an ITR all motor then I doubt it would run on the street. It's possible, but I doubt you would want to.

what do you think the cost for such a task would cost?

P.S. I'm still tempted to try

in the pursuit of perfection there is no antidote
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Kangbateh wrote:Well, in the Sport Compact Car magazine a while back, they had a front page cover called the 400 horsepower club (September 2001 volume 13, No. 9) and there was one hell of a Boosted GSR 491 HP. of course it was forced induction, but I believe that if you can get 500 HP out of an ITR all motor then I doubt it would run on the street. It's possible, but I doubt you would want to.

what do you think the cost for such a task would cost?

P.S. I'm still tempted to try

in the pursuit of perfection there is no antidote
That is the article I was talking about. I have yet to see an integra with more than that. Let a lone a na integra with 300hp
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Dr Who
New ITRCA Member

Post by Dr Who »

you could also go to import builders.com and just buy a 2.0 vtec/turbo crate motor and then add on a bigger turbo or something....that is...if you want to change your motor. :D if not, just read up on old issues of superstreet, i remember top fuel i believe build a 500 hp del sol with a C5, and it was also turbo.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

You guys have to be kidding. The Feb 2003 issue of SCC..you guys need to go get that shit.

It's call the WARRIORS. Its the Ultimate Street Car Challenge, there a R33, WRX, Turbo Mr2, 3000GT Vr4, Turbo Supra, Viper ACR, Rotary 510 D, Turbo ITR, Laminar SRX-7 and GSX...they are all going head to head on diffrent test to be named this years "USC Champ". Dam I have this issue framed already and no one here has seen it yet haha it's on my wall.....go get that shit and tell me whats better Turbo or NA.....hahahaha :lol:
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Febuary 2003 SCC

Post by Kangbateh »

I'm sorry but the Integra Type R in the Febuary editon of Sport Compact Cars is an Embarrasment to all Integra Type R owners. The Integra Type R is a machine designed for only one purpose... Pure Bloody Racing. this thing sported A phoenix Yellow body color and a yellow interior that look worse than a pimp dressed in all green during St. Patricks Day in the projects. it had more show than go and couldn't even gain a good score on the skidpad than a Integra Type R stock! how the hell do you manage that with $80,000 Dollars invested in? you could have bought at least 3 Type R's for that price. I was happy as hell when I saw one of our Type R brothers representin, but was displeased with it in action. I guess Scott Oldham of SCC said it best on page 71 3rd paragraph "Watching a 30 year old 510 keep up with and spank 2 very expensive and very high tech modern day warriors warmed our hearts and proves that DVDs don't make you fast."
Nuff said. :evil:
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

You lead a very sheltered life......I'm not saure about any magazines, but if you like, I'll be happy to email you a copy of my friend Mike dynoing his yellow type-r at 608 to the wheels.

And if any of you think that 500 to the wheels is hard to swollow out of an integra, check out the pro drag racing scene where guys are putting well into the 7's with spray and turbo.

Then if that doesn't do it for ya, check out John Force's Intergra Type-R funny car that put well into the thousands.

Later,
Aj
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

Without a doubt an integra type R can hit 500Hp, but the real question is with all motor, not forced induction can it get 500HP to the wheels? :twisted:

Besides, I've seen that Type R(John Force's Intergra Type-R funny car). It produces 4,000HP, but do you think that is a 4 cylinder? I doubt it.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Well, actually it is a inline 4-cylinder using a honda configuration, it just happens to be a 4.6 liter, so it's not something you could ever do with a street car.

As far as 500 to the wheels, the fastest all motor honda in the world is barely pushing the 300 mark, so you really have no shot in hell.....

Later,
Aj
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

Wow, this thread sure got off track fast...........................didn't the original question talk about ALL MOTOR 500hp.........is there really a modified ITR out there with 500hp at the wheel...all motor....
Boosted is another story, as everyone is quick to reply.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I believe in two things. Nothing is impossible and money talks. believe that. If you come through with the right amount of dough you can walk out with any type of configuration or power, but practicality on the other hand, well I don't know. :twisted:

speed is everything, death is instant enjoy it while you can!
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: Febuary 2003 SCC

Post by Erik B »

Kangbateh wrote:I'm sorry but the Integra Type R in the Febuary editon of Sport Compact Cars is an Embarrasment to all Integra Type R owners. The Integra Type R is a machine designed for only one purpose... Pure Bloody Racing. this thing sported A phoenix Yellow body color and a yellow interior that look worse than a pimp dressed in all green during St. Patricks Day in the projects. it had more show than go and couldn't even gain a good score on the skidpad than a Integra Type R stock! how the hell do you manage that with $80,000 Dollars invested in? you could have bought at least 3 Type R's for that price. I was happy as hell when I saw one of our Type R brothers representin, but was displeased with it in action. I guess Scott Oldham of SCC said it best on page 71 3rd paragraph "Watching a 30 year old 510 keep up with and spank 2 very expensive and very high tech modern day warriors warmed our hearts and proves that DVDs don't make you fast."
Nuff said. :evil:
You gotta be kidding me right?
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

Read the article again, that shit was pathetic. It wasn't even tuned right. the only reason I come off negative on that particular R, is because I know he could of done better then that with $80,000 invested. I was particular displeaed with it's track results. I mean damn, that's what the ITR is built for, but I guess I can't knock the car, just the driver. :twisted:
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Aj wrote:
You lead a very sheltered life......I'm not saure about any magazines, but if you like, I'll be happy to email you a copy of my friend Mike dynoing his yellow type-r at 608 to the wheels.

And if any of you think that 500 to the wheels is hard to swollow out of an integra, check out the pro drag racing scene where guys are putting well into the 7's with spray and turbo.

Then if that doesn't do it for ya, check out John Force's Intergra Type-R funny car that put well into the thousands.

Later,
Aj
Before you go verbally attacking, which you love to do, we are talking about na
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

Damn,Damn,Damn. alright I have to know. How much are you selling your jeep for I'm interested
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

let's try to keep the peace in here. We are all ITR heads so lets be peaceful.