RPM Idle

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
IdealConcepts
New ITRCA Member

RPM Idle

Post by IdealConcepts »

I have a question about the Type-R Tach and Idle. I have a 2000 ITR with 38K miles on it. I have all my major maintenance done at the dealer and use the car as a daily driver. I haven't taken it too the track, yet, and only drive it hard occasionally. I bought the car used with about 13K miles on it from the first owner who drove it pretty hard and took it out to the track once in a while. My performance mods include an AEM CAI but it cracked so I cut it to make it into a short ram and a Tein or is it Tien coilovers. My questions is the idle on the car is usually is at about 700 rpms and sometime fluctuates to about 1100-1200 rpms after the car is warm. Is this something that is normal? If not is it or will it damage my engine? I took it to the dealer and they said this is normal and nothing to worry about? Any info or advice from you guys is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

sounds about right to me...I have a '98 Type R, and on a cold engine, it idles about 1100 RPM...when warmed up, about 900 RPM.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Hmm

Post by Aj »

700 is a little low, but when your car warms up it will idle a little high, right around 12-1300 rpms, then after its warm, it'll idle a littel lower at around 900-1100. You can always change your idle, it's a little flat head screw on the intake side of your throttle body. It really doesn't sound like anything to worry about though. Good luck with it.

Later,

Aj
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

It is spelled TEIN. Good choice on suspension.

Nothing to really worry about.