civic Si Vs. 00-01 type R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

civic Si Vs. 00-01 type R

Post by PY 01-0972 »

My
lease is ending oct. on my 00 Si and am going for a PY 00-01. I know the
obvious differences in the two as to what they both are,but anyone who
has had the chance to drive them both, could you tell me how different
they are to drive? thanks in advance
for your replies.

83 accord lx
95 accord ex
97 accord lx
00 Si
00 VP
03 accord v6
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

My friend has a 00 SI with AEM CAI, dc headers, new sway bar, rear upper strut bar, eibach pro kit, 17 inch konigs, fpr. My TYPE R is basically stock with an AEM CAI. My car still out performs his in ever way. He gets so mad when he is with me cause he spent a lot of money and still cant come close to a TYPE R.I dont know if that helped any, but just thought i'd let ya know.
TYPE R
shivers
Site Admin

Post by shivers »

Me - '00 Si
Friend - '98 ITR ('00 ITR previously)

I have driven both cars extensively and I have a good idea of what each car feels like. When I first got into Hondas, I didn't know a whole lot. If I knew then what I know now, I would have got an ITR hands down. Don't get me wrong, I love my Si, but the ITR is all that and more.

The ITR is a great car stock and even more fun modified. The Si is still fun stock, but it takes a bit more work and money to get it up to a better level of performance.

The ITR's steering and suspension feel tighter (stock). The Si seems to rev more freely due to its "perfect" rod/stroke ratio. The most obvious difference is that the ITR has more power due to the extra displacement. In terms of actual driving, the ITR feels more connected to the road. I think the Si steering is really dull and numb. In driving them back to back, the Si still feels like an everyday car where the ITR feels like it's ready to race at any time.

Both cars have pros and cons ... the choice is yours. HTH.
2005 s2000
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

I've owned both, there is no comparison.

The ITR is better in EVERY aspect.

I loved my '00 Si, don't get me wrong. It is more 'civil', but still no better in the snow or rain. For the price of a used ITR, you can't beat it. I was amazed when I first drove my R after selling the Si. AMAZED. Once I got the R, I never looked back and never regretted my decision.....
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

My brother has a 99 Si, and the R outperforms the Si in every category, by a big margin. The Si is much smoother and a good daily driver, but once you take the R for a spin, you can tell its meant for the track. You will be addicted once you take it up into vtec... its probably the most violent and audible vtec crossover of any honda (even the s2000 IMO).
hopofthese
New ITRCA Member

Post by hopofthese »

whats up

i had an si until last week when my si was stolen from my driveway by some thiefs in queens in a dark green NISSAN ALTIMA with outer state plates, license plate # EVJ0295. The funny thing is my black 99 si had no front bumper, no headlights, a cracked rear bumper and some beat up 18 inc. konig verdict rims and they still took it. Well anyways the type r hands down is a better car u get more response, better handling, more power, and ofcourse the feeling of knowing u have a very rare car, well atleast in NY. The si was cool and its a nice looking car but it just gets left behind and out perform.
Last edited by hopofthese on February 7th, 2003, 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

civic Si vs. 00-01 type r

Post by PY 01-0972 »

thanks for all the replies! now just gotta find my PY low milage beauty
on the west coast thanks!!!