supercharger

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
2001 integra type r
New ITRCA Member

supercharger

Post by 2001 integra type r »

i was wondering i own a 2001 integra type r and i was thinking of putting a jr supercharger and i was wondering who much hp and torque it will have if i put it on and i was also wondering about getting a zex dry nitrous 55hp and i was wondering if both of them would be good.

i am a beginner so answer where i understand.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

rule of thumb is never to run a dry system. I would use a wet system from NX or NOS. the JR charger is OK but won't give you much boost in performance till you run about 8 psi. you need to lower compression either with a head gasket from Inline pro or forged pistons. it is a decent set up but not the best for the long run....ohh I would avoid runnin a nitrous system and a blower at the same time. just get JR water injection if you get the blower
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
2001 integra type r
New ITRCA Member

Post by 2001 integra type r »

thanks itr i just would think that you have a dry nitrous b/c it wouldnt tear up as much as a wet?

thanks any way
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

supercharger

Post by Jan Niemi »

Dude,
don't waste your money on a supercharger. Go turbo, my friend . Intercooled boost is better than non-intercooled boost. At least don't use the JR set up, use a procharger or paxton or vortech, something you can intercool. This is vital with high compression cars such as ours.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

centifugal SC's make a lot of power but are just dyno queens. they are usless in street driving.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

"dyno queens"

Post by Jan Niemi »

I'll have to agree, whatever supercharger you use. They all make power as a function of rpm, therefore very linear and make peak power at peak rpm, where it's virtually untouchable. That's why I say go turbo!! I'ts just that if you are going to sc the car, make sure it's safe boost, hence the intercooling.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Post by fredtoast »

Some people have gotten good results from the sc+nitrous setups. If you are interested in going that route then search the "forced induction integra" forum at hostboard.com. You'll find a lot of info there.

I have a jrsc on my ITR, and I love it. However, I just wanted a reliable boost for a daily driver. At 8 psi I didn't have to modify anything else except the fuel pump. However, if you are looking to boost over 10 psi I would suggest you go turbo. The sc delivers the power instantly all the way across the powerband, but for big top-end power the turbo is the way to go.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. PLease let us know how it comes out.
98-0658
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Post by fredtoast »

BTW you can check out jacksonracing.com for info on hp gains. Their results are slightly overstated. I'd say about 10 to 15 hp more than most people experience. Still it is a big gain all the way across the band.
98-0658
Spunkster
New ITRCA Member

Power can be made with out intercooler

Post by Spunkster »

I'm making 245hp and about 171tq at 9 psi with stock internals.

The key is tuning.

I'm using a hondata s200 with RC 440cc injectors.