valvetrain?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
phoenixR
New ITRCA Member

valvetrain?

Post by phoenixR »

what springs/ retainers and valves do would work the best. also which material would be my best bet?
shivers
Site Admin

Post by shivers »

Depends on a lot of variables. Your questions is very vague. What are your plans for car? What is the end result?
2005 s2000
phoenixR
New ITRCA Member

Post by phoenixR »

my bad. i didnt even realize. anyway, my plans are as of now putting in new cams, port and polish the head, and as far as everything else i am not really sure thats why i am looking to the help of all of you. as an end result i want to have a nice gain in hp and torque, but still be able to have a setup that is comfortable to be driven often. So any help would be great.
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

We're using Ferrea on our turbo GSR and ITR.
Our head guru says it's what's needed.......450+ hp.....
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Ferrea is some pretty good stuff, for the most part, it's what I run on my head. Skunk2 and a whole slew of other companies make reliable valve train components, but if you have a couple extra bucks, definitely go ferrea.

I agree though, your request is kinda vague, if your looking to get some HP and Torque, there are loads of things you can do. I would suggest all the bolt ons first, then move on to the heavy shit. If you're gonna get cams and all that, go with Skunk2 all around, assuming you're ona budget like most of us, it really is great bang for the buck.

Any way, be a little more specific on the end result you're looking for, more specifically Hp numbers, and a $ amount.

Later,
Aj