clutch and short shifter

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itr2006
New ITRCA Member

clutch and short shifter

Post by itr2006 »

any suggestion for a short shifter??
also my clutch is slipping. my care is running about 250 hp. looking for a clutch that can withstand 200hp - 400 hp. what kind of clutch do u guys use??
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

I went from a skunk 2 short shifter back to stock. I made too many shifting errors with the short shifter, plus the stock shifter is nice to begin with.

I've been happy with my CM stage 3 clutch, it has about 30K of hard miles on it plus over 100 drag strip runs.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

TODA clutch kit here...
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
Blowing your motor when attempting to run a Type-R- PRICELESS!!!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

As for a short shifter, I never felt the need for one. I guess it's a personally preference... But are you looking to make the stick shorter (lower) or keep the hight the same but the throw shorter and then there is the longer stick with a shorter throw?

As for clutches... I have been thru a bunch and I like the XT-SS but it does not have enough modulation for track use. (toggle switch feel)
Take a look Here for different clutches. they have gooed prices and service. But also check out the past Expo sponsers, they usually have kick ass deals! (List of them)
swed
itr2006
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr2006 »

Bbasso wrote:As for a short shifter, I never felt the need for one. I guess it's a personally preference... But are you looking to make the stick shorter (lower) or keep the hight the same but the throw shorter and then there is the longer stick with a shorter throw?

As for clutches... I have been thru a bunch and I like the XT-SS but it does not have enough modulation for track use. (toggle switch feel)
Take a look Here for different clutches. they have gooed prices and service. But also check out the past Expo sponsers, they usually have kick ass deals! (List of them)

i dont mind the stock shifter but i just dont like the throw from 4th gear to to 5th. too far off compare to the rest of the gears.

i want to keep the height but shorter throw. im not sure if i should do this because im in the process of learning how to drive an itr turbo. A lot of power of what im used to...

thanks for the clutch info you guys. i really need to get one. i almost lost to a neon Bcoz(because) my clutch was slipping.

**sorry for the spelling**
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I think of 5th gear as the cruising gear... Therefor I don't try to slam it in there. And if you feel the need for fifth gear in a race, I suspect you're going a little too fast :wink:
swed
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I been thru a few ACT clutches...my 1st one lasted a goooooooood while tho. I was making about 306whp at the time. Then I even ran a stock pres. plate with a ACT street/strip disc and it held about 354lbs of tq for 20 plus dyno pulls before it started slipping (thats 500whp if your wondering what power range i was at) I couldnt beleive it lasted as long as it did...lol

Believe it or not i been running a TenzoR short shifter and i loooooooove...no miss shifts or ANYTHNIG. Its really cheap too...get you that shifter and polly brushings and i promise you, you will LOVE it!

As for the clutch....im going to be upping my whp allot within the next few months...i didnt wanna replace the clutch anymore so i went with a Exedy Twin disc...its allot of money but once you feel it no other clutch will do for you. :lol:
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
itr2006
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr2006 »

You must have an insane mods in your car man. Its amazing you want more power. Maybe you could help me out what parts should i get to build up an engine that can withstand 250whp. im currently boosting 6.5 psi and pulling about 250hp. http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/projects/integra.html <-- it will lead u to my car...

thanx for the input about the short shifter. i might go with your setting.
and for the clutch, how much wast that exedy twin disc??

Erik B wrote:I been thru a few ACT clutches...my 1st one lasted a goooooooood while tho. I was making about 306whp at the time. Then I even ran a stock pres. plate with a ACT street/strip disc and it held about 354lbs of tq for 20 plus dyno pulls before it started slipping (thats 500whp if your wondering what power range i was at) I couldnt beleive it lasted as long as it did...lol

Believe it or not i been running a TenzoR short shifter and i loooooooove...no miss shifts or ANYTHNIG. Its really cheap too...get you that shifter and polly brushings and i promise you, you will LOVE it!

As for the clutch....im going to be upping my whp allot within the next few months...i didnt wanna replace the clutch anymore so i went with a Exedy Twin disc...its allot of money but once you feel it no other clutch will do for you. :lol:
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

i posted some info on your other topic...the clutch was about $1600 i wanna say...

I think that this clutch http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp ... T-AI4-HDG4 would be more then enough for you if not a bit more then you really need...but like i said in my other topic...you are going to want more power sooner then later :lol:

let me know if you need anymore help
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
itr2006
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr2006 »

Erik B wrote:i posted some info on your other topic...the clutch was about $1600 i wanna say...

I think that this clutch http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp ... T-AI4-HDG4 would be more then enough for you if not a bit more then you really need...but like i said in my other topic...you are going to want more power sooner then later :lol:

let me know if you need anymore help
That is what im afraid of man. More power. So incase that happens, i have a good clutch that can withstand 400whp. My main concern right now is to build my engine....
Lazarus
New ITRCA Member

Post by Lazarus »

I'm running a clutchmaster stage 3. I like them but think I would go with a Exedy or ACT if I get the ITR. ACT rates their stages in wtq if I'm not mistaken and others rate thier stages based on modifications made so I'm not too sure on what stage you'll need but I'm thinking atleast 4.
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
2005 Acura MDX