clutch& flywheel

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
phoenixR
New ITRCA Member

clutch& flywheel

Post by phoenixR »

does anyone use the ACT clutch on their car? and how do u like it. also have any of you tried their new flywheels? both versions are chromoly, but one is 12.5lbs. and then there is a lighter version that is cut out a lil more thats 8.8lbs. does anyone know the stock itr flywheel weight. i am thinking about giving it a try but i figured i would do some more research, so any help or opinions you guys can give would be appreciated.

chris
01 itr#636
Bowdwn
ITRCA Member

Post by Bowdwn »

im looking to get the act prolite for the lapping track....i think stock flywheel is 16-17lbs i think....check out http://www.honda-tech.com do a search and the info is there... hope that helps...
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

clutches

Post by Jan Niemi »

I run a CM stage 3 in my ITR, very happy with it. In my 95 Talon Tsi Awd, I run an ACT 2600, it chatters , but grabs like a MF
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Stock ITR Flywheel is 15 lbs. GSR is 17 lbs.

I run a Fidanza flywheel and have been pleased. At this point I will just say don't buy Exedy. I will have more reasons once I change my clutch out this week.

Trey
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

Fidanza manufactures Flywheels for ClutchMasters so it doesn't matter which you buy. I think they weigh 9 LBS very nice quality stuff
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

how about spoon.

Post by Sick TR »

how about Spoon Clutch and Flywheel.
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

Spoon is nice too but cost too much cause of the shipping
I would rather buy the stuff above and spend the left over money on something else
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Beasty18C5 wrote:Fidanza manufactures Flywheels for ClutchMasters so it doesn't matter which you buy. I think they weigh 9 LBS very nice quality stuff
Not sure what the clutch masters weigh but the Fidanza weighs 7 lbs.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

flywheel

Post by Aj »

So is the clutchmaster, we weighed mine in at 7.4lbs on our scale. As far as clutch goes, I have an Exedy, and so far have been pretty happy with it. In fact, I even figured out the whole problem with the clutch adjustment problem everybody seemed to have with exedy clutches. The Exedy clutch comes with a factory throwout bearing, but it's for a GS-R not an ITR, so if you use a factory ITR throwout bearing, you don't need to adjust anything.

As far as Spoon, Toda, Mugen, and honda OEM, all of their clutches are manufactured by a company called Dakin Clutch, who also coincidentaly manufactures Exedy, if you look on all the different tunner website, as compare the pressur plates and disks, you'll notice they are all the same......Go figure. In any case, as far as clutches go, the one that I had that I liked the most was a clutchmaster FX100, it had nice light pedal pressure, and griped just fine, but I would suggest to go with the carbon kevlar version rather than the organic street disk. That being said, I'm currently using an Exedy Clutch that so far I like even more.

Hey, Trey, what are your complaints with the Exedy disk, so I know what to expect later???? You already got me worying......

Later,
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

My complaint is exactly what you have said about adjustment. Except my car didn't need adjustment until a few hundred miles ago. Then all of a sudden the clutch is catching at the top, won't down shift at RPMs and will not always go into gear without grinding. I will be putting the old OEM clutch back in tomorrow and will report back what the damage was. Then you can assess things for your self.

just as an FYI I have the Exedy organic street disc and I have heard their more expsensive stuff is nicer. Just the same they lost my business.