Thinking of selling, 1998 ITR. Thoughts?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

You know what, even if you sell for 28k I think you're losing. I strongly believe in 10-15 years you'll be able to find a buyer if you keep that milage where it is for close to the 6 figure range. Don't sell it for any less than you feel it's worth.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
itr1137
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr1137 »

Hello Bmaga123,

I am interested in purchasing your car for your asking price. The thing is I live in San Francisco and would have to drive there. Do you have an email address I can email you at? Or you can email me. I have a few questions.

My email address is: d3chang@sbcglobal.net
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Abosultely my home email is Brijen123@hotmail.com but you can try me at Baga@becu.org which is my work and where I am now. I will try emailing you from here. Thanks
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I have decided that If I dont get a buyer within the next 2 weeks then I will be putting the car up on ebay. I am beginning to think I can get 30k for it if I do this and might be changing my asking amount. From what everyone is saying I think 28k would be a great deal. Also if the buyer is drving or flying to pick the car up I would highly suggest you bring a trailer. Your not going to want to drive this car on the freeway or a long distance its to Pristine and rare.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I forgot to mention that the car also comes with original manual and 4 other keys that have never been used. The primary key was the silver key that says Integra Type R in Red and was limited to the 97-98 Type R's from what I have heard.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

The car comes with a custom made car cover designed for the Type R as well.
Low Pro
New ITRCA Member

Post by Low Pro »

Still no pics? I want to see what all the hype is about.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Low Pro wrote:Still no pics? I want to see what all the hype is about.

Well if it goes up on ebay you will see. I think people might be in Aw and dis belief once they see how immaculate this car is. Its a Collectors dream come true. :wink:
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

spending that much time talking about how "immaculate" your car is just makes it seem even more like you've got something to hide.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I fogot to mention that when I got the car I added 2 things to the engine for looks that would make it look better while retaining the true value of the car and that is a real JDM Type R valve cover with the VTEC in big lettering and a Vision carbon fiber spark plug cover which really compliments the engine bay. The buyer also of course get the stock intake which is also pristine like the rest of the car. Other then these parts and the SR intake and Brembo rotors the car has been pure stock its whole garaged life. Just the way I like it.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Erik95LS wrote:spending that much time talking about how "immaculate" your car is just makes it seem even more like you've got something to hide.
Why would I hide something, do a car fax, come look at the car then tell me I have something to hide. I hate when people say rediculous statements like this. I am just trying to describe the car without having pics yet. Once th epics are up I wont have to say anything. I am a very honest person. Thank you
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Ask Chris who is 98DC2R he will tell you how mint my car is he did my valve cover and oil change. He's the only guy I would trust with my car.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Bbasso wrote: If he wants to chat about the selling of his caR, then PM me and well move it into the General forum.
swed
NWP4LIFE
New ITRCA Member

Post by NWP4LIFE »

wow, for someone that just bought the car a few months ago for 20k with over 9k in spoon with it.

You sure are trying to make a huge chunk of change on this bad boy..

I wonder how Darrin would feel about this :roll:
2002 GPW NSX
1997 CW RHD JDM ITR
1998 CW ITR- # 1118
2000 JDM PY ITRx
2005 HONDA S2000
2005 IMOLA RED E46 M3
2007 LEXUS IS350 (WIFES)
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Hey he could have sold this car with all that stuff for 35k easy he just chose not to. Not my fault. I no what this car is really worth and so does most of the people on here. I am not in a hurry to sell the car but like I said before for the right amount I will. I need to get out of my apartment and into a house. If I was rich I would never sell this car. I am already feeling sellers remorse and havnt even sold the car yet.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

All this talk, and nothing more. Me thinks this should be moved. Rob?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I agree with ^^^
swed
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Sorry, unless you are dead set on trying to sell, post pics and the entire needs of a seller, this is going to be moved. Please feel free to contact me or Rob with any questions regarding the move.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I agree with ^^^
swed
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

does it come with the original oil from the factory?? :lol: 2900 miles? wow...

im curious to see how this car looks...

the other itr with 4900 miles was damn clean.. when can we see yours.?!
type r 604
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I will get pics up this weekend sometime. I had an oil change recently with Mobil 1 synthetic which is the best IMO. Thanks
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

97R wrote:By the sounds of it, this car is worth EVERY penny the man is asking. Let's revert back to 2000-2001 when people were FIGHTING to pay $28-30k for 2000-2001 R's. To the PURIST, this car should sell in a hearbeat. 98 Facelift + Championship White + 2900 miles (brand new basically) = One of the most perfect examples of a vehicle that is slowly going extinct (at least clean ones).

I'd cop, but I've got an equally as MINT 97 R lined up. =)

Good luck!
you are kidding me right?

i paid under msrp in 2000 for my 2001 model.

those people who FOUGHT to buy 2000-2001 ITR's for that much are I D I O T S.

and honestly a 97, in a PURIST's opinion, would grab, way way way more than a 98. irregardless of how low the mileage was (assuming both were relatively 'low')
97R
New ITRCA Member

Post by 97R »

Chris N wrote:
97R wrote:By the sounds of it, this car is worth EVERY penny the man is asking. Let's revert back to 2000-2001 when people were FIGHTING to pay $28-30k for 2000-2001 R's. To the PURIST, this car should sell in a hearbeat. 98 Facelift + Championship White + 2900 miles (brand new basically) = One of the most perfect examples of a vehicle that is slowly going extinct (at least clean ones).

I'd cop, but I've got an equally as MINT 97 R lined up. =)

Good luck!
you are kidding me right?

i paid under msrp in 2000 for my 2001 model.

those people who FOUGHT to buy 2000-2001 ITR's for that much are I D I O T S.

and honestly a 97, in a PURIST's opinion, would grab, way way way more than a 98. irregardless of how low the mileage was (assuming both were relatively 'low')
You took my post out of out COMPLETE context...

Of course a 97, the first year, pre-facelift, in which only 318 or so were imported is MORE of a PURIST car than a 98. That's rhetorical. I was merely pointing out that the combination of the vehicle being a CW 98 with unbelievably low mileage and immaculate condition is a VERRRRRRRRY TOUGH combination to come by, more so up for sale? Only a purist would appreciate such a combination.

As far as people in the greater Seattle, or up and down the west coast, paying inordinate amounts for 00-01 R's, well, it goes with the saying a "good" deal is more or less what the buyer perceives. It's all relative.

Lastly, the 97 I've got lined up is similar to the 98 that is offered up for sale in this thread for a fraction of the price. And yes, the owner knows what he has.
TypeR1461
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR1461 »

I know im new here and i hope im not out of line for saying this.I would not Sell that car if it is how you describe it to be. If i had a R that near mint i wouldn't even dream about selling her. Just my .02 cents. I guess for a house but any house will go up in value not every car will go up in value through out years to come. I hope i wasn't being offensive.
NWP4LIFE
New ITRCA Member

Post by NWP4LIFE »

My .02 on this "youngster"

I was the one whom Darrin (the original owner) took a 500 dollar deposit for on this car, and then to turn around and sell it to this kid.

What turned into a big ole fiasco on H-T. Really made me reazlie this car really went to the "wrong" hands.

As much as Darrin appointed that he really cared for the cars future owners, I really feel not only did it NOT, but you're really a bad representation to the ITR community.

I wanted the car for collector reasons, as an enthusiast. Not for profitable dollars in my pocket. To be honest? I'm glad you're selling it and hope the car will go to someone of the "enthusiast" caliber. You got the car with 9k in spoon parts, for 20k. Now you're is trying to sell the car alone for 5k over what YOU paid. Which definately goes against YOUR words, when YOU claimed. If YOU were to "ever" sell the car. I would get dibs at what YOU paid (those are yours words, not mine). I even would entertain your original purchase price, without all the parts he obtained. Of course, YOU are one of many in this world. Which doesn't have strong morals of keeping there word.

So in my books, you're a turd. and you and cant polish a turd.

Seems like in todays world, people have no morals whatsoever. Lie, Cheat, Canive just to make a buck.

What happened to the honest dollar? :?
2002 GPW NSX
1997 CW RHD JDM ITR
1998 CW ITR- # 1118
2000 JDM PY ITRx
2005 HONDA S2000
2005 IMOLA RED E46 M3
2007 LEXUS IS350 (WIFES)