Hytech exhaust

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
JMUtype-r
New ITRCA Member

Hytech exhaust

Post by JMUtype-r »

I have a 2001 Type-r and im looking into the hytech exhaust. I know it is pretty expensive but i also know that it is well worth it. I have a AEM CAI now and was wondering what kind of gains i would get with the Hytech exhaust. HP and any other gains
Thanks
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Are we talking headre and cat back or just the cat back?

Also I think there are a few options that will make as much power for less money.
JMUtype-r
New ITRCA Member

Post by JMUtype-r »

The entire header exhaust system
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

Trey wrote:Are we talking headre and cat back or just the cat back?

Also I think there are a few options that will make as much power for less money.
what would make as much power???
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Well from all the plots and info i have seen an SMSP or Toda header makes as much power. Exhaust wise just about anything can make power SMSP makes an exhaust, Type 1 Racing just came out with a 63mm inner diameter setup. Headers will be the place power varies and so far Hytech just costs more than the other top power makes.

If I were to buy something other than a JDM 4-1 I would buy a Toda or SMSP depending on the cost.
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

I agree. I am thinking about either the Toda or SMSP header, a Carsound or SMSP cat, and either the SMSP or the new T1R exhaust. The good thing about the Toda is that you can get them pretty quick. The SMSP there is like a 3 month wait. The thing I like about the new T1R is that it is a true 2.5 inch piping with no bottlenecks. I dont care for Hytech cause of personal reasons which I wish not to get into here. For all of that info you will have to visit another Honda forum site which will remain nameless but I am sure most people on here know about.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

ITR862 wrote:I agree. I am thinking about either the Toda or SMSP header, a Carsound or SMSP cat, and either the SMSP or the new T1R exhaust. The good thing about the Toda is that you can get them pretty quick. The SMSP there is like a 3 month wait. The thing I like about the new T1R is that it is a true 2.5 inch piping with no bottlenecks. I dont care for Hytech cause of personal reasons which I wish not to get into here. For all of that info you will have to visit another Honda forum site which will remain nameless but I am sure most people on here know about.
SMSP is a 3 WEEK wait according to David. Figure a month. Hytech is the place that can't seem to deliver . . .
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

Trey wrote:SMSP is a 3 WEEK wait according to David. Figure a month. Hytech is the place that can't seem to deliver . . .
Thanks for the mud slinging Trey...HyTech is a very busy shop, that's all that I'm going to say.

I like my HyTech products...I didn't have any problems other than getting parts that were so new they were still basically second generation prototypes.

SMS makes good products...my point is to purchase what works best for you.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Austin wrote:
Trey wrote:SMSP is a 3 WEEK wait according to David. Figure a month. Hytech is the place that can't seem to deliver . . .
Thanks for the mud slinging Trey...HyTech is a very busy shop, that's all that I'm going to say.

I like my HyTech products...I didn't have any problems other than getting parts that were so new they were still basically second generation prototypes.

SMS makes good products...my point is to purchase what works best for you.
Sorry Austin. Wasn't trying to overs state what i have seen. I have a friend that waited 9 months for a header for an Si. Just being honest. I have spoken to both people, I have not bought from either and I have priced both and seen the gains from both.

I recommend everyone go learn about the equipment performance and cost and weigh the personal experiences with a grain of salt.

That is as diplomatic as I can put it.
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

Trey wrote:
Sorry Austin. Wasn't trying to overs state what i have seen. I have a friend that waited 9 months for a header for an Si. Just being honest. I have spoken to both people, I have not bought from either and I have priced both and seen the gains from both.

I recommend everyone go learn about the equipment performance and cost and weigh the personal experiences with a grain of salt.

That is as diplomatic as I can put it.
8) He's more up to speed on the Integra parts...but I can understand, 6 months for a header(production header #1) and 1 year for the exhaust(production exhaust #2). I got into this before most people were aware of HyTech, and SMS wasn't making a whole lot of parts yet.

Austin