ITR Enthusiest??

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Carbon
New ITRCA Member

ITR Enthusiest??

Post by Carbon »

Hello all. My name is Paul.

I am currently working with a company that fabricates fiberglass and carbon fiber pieces. They have been in business for over 28 years, makes parts for Saleen, indy cars, much much more.

I'm here to basically ask all of you on which parts of your ITR would you like to see made in c/f?

I know some people want the hatch in c/f. is there anything else?

Keep in mind, i'm not looking for group buys, or deposits for any parts. I just need a group of people to show interest in parts to be made and I'll start making those parts.

"supply and demand". Show me a demand and I'll supply it.

When you ask for parts such as c/f lip, c/f wing, please be specific on what style wing or lip.

Thanks for your time. Email and post if you are interested.

(currently I have recieved a lot of interest in the roof and trunk of the del sol, lip for EFs and Egs, also the hatch for 96 and up hatchbacks...and don't ask me why...gas lids.)

Let me know guys/girls.

Thanks again.
hopofthese
New ITRCA Member

Post by hopofthese »

all the pieces in the dash board and the center console would be nice instead of the carbon fiber look a like that the jdm itr's have.
Carbon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Carbon »

has anyone else made these yet? Anyone else interested in this?

Also, some hatchback owners are interested in c/f hatches. Would hatches for integs sell also?

Would you guys like to see c/f lips? aprons?

Let me know.
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

If I had the money I'd be interested in a carbon fiber hatch (for an integra), but I know a number of people on here are interested, things have been posted before. I myself may be interested in a CF lip for a JDM integra front bumper, in the stock JDM style.
Something else, I and I'm sure others would like to know what exactly your company is, see a website or something so we can check it out ourselves.
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

A nice carbon fliber front lower wing would be nice, like a diffuser or something like that. Also, some real carbon fiber tail lights, rather than those cheap crap altezza tail lights they sell everywhere.

The whole center console would be pretty trick, in addition to those interior rear quarter pannels would also be pretty trick.

What ever's clever???

Later,
Aj
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

How about some sort of under car body panels to smooth out the air?

Also a C/F Teg hatch would be nice, but would have to be direct fit.

mmm C/F door panels for those who have full cages and can't closse doors anymore.
swed
MixMasterMike
New ITRCA Member

Post by MixMasterMike »

i'd also love to see the carbon fibre hatch to match the hood...the one for the is300 looks really cool!

but i'd be very interested on the possibility of a complete carbon hatch
2000 MR civic SI

wanted bad! 2000 - 2001 py type r, e-mail me at mixmastermike01@attbi.com
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

cf

Post by Jan Niemi »

carbon fiber b18 valve cover would be tits. This would fit a massive amount of applications. I'd buy one. Carbon ITR rear spoiler would be a trick part for us, and a nice add-on for ITR wannabes.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
hopofthese
New ITRCA Member

Post by hopofthese »

How about you carbon fiber the whole car!!! :D That would be hot!!
Trey
Site Admin

Re: cf

Post by Trey »

Jan Niemi wrote:carbon fiber b18 valve cover would be tits. This would fit a massive amount of applications. I'd buy one. Carbon ITR rear spoiler would be a trick part for us, and a nice add-on for ITR wannabes.
I ahve to agree about the valve cover ifm it can withstand the application and still be made affordable.

Also I woudl like to see an afforable stock ITR Front chin spoiler in CF.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: cf

Post by Aj »

Jan Niemi wrote:carbon fiber b18 valve cover would be tits. This would fit a massive amount of applications. I'd buy one. Carbon ITR rear spoiler would be a trick part for us, and a nice add-on for ITR wannabes.
Well, STR amongst several other companies already make carbon valve covers, the only fatal flaw, is that the ones on the market now don't cover the timing belt, so I wouldn't even consider running it, not to mention being over 4 bills....

Later,
Aj
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Carbon

Post by Utilitarian »

Paul,

My million-dollar idea is this: A carbon radar detector pod hanging from the rear-view mirror. It would look so much better than the stock clips with the suction cups. The top of the pod would clamp on the the rod suspending the mirror and the detector would sit right below the mirror tab. The detector would be run straight to the fuse box and the cable would be hidden in the pod. I know this is elaborate but it is feasable and would look as if the radar detector would an integral part of the interior. Carbon kick panels would be cool too, especially if they doubled as speaker pods for 5 1/4"'s.
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

umm

Post by Type R 98 »

Definatly carbon fiber hatch, stock wing or mugen cb replica... center console DEFINATLY and the air grills too.. that be a trip... id be a buyer of any
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
Carbon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Carbon »

(I thought I was going to get emails if I get a response from here...sorry)

Those are all great ideas. Seems like there's some interest in the hatch. I will get details on that this coming week.

I talked to a few sol owners and they want c/f gas lids. Easy piece to make so those should be made no problem.

As far as the company I'm with, I much rather not say at the moment just to protect myself from competition. I would like to keep my contacts private...much like shop owners don't disclose who their supplier is mainly so people don't go straight to them. =)

Believe me, they make high quality parts.

Thanks guys. Keep the replies coming.
00-0258
New ITRCA Member

Post by 00-0258 »

i would like to see a front bumper usdm and jdm and side skirts
00-0258
New ITRCA Member

Post by 00-0258 »

a rear bumper too
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

nice!!!!!

Post by Sick TR »

how about side skirts, hatch and bumpers that will cool.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Most of you guys are overlooking the obvious fact that there are many companies that already do a lot of the stuff that you're asking for, valve covers, bumbers, fenders, etc. come up with some original stuff so this way it's something trick that no one else has.....

Later,
Aj
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Carbon fiber

Post by H.I.D's »

I'd like to see some kinda carbon fiber brake duct configuration for the USDM front bumper
Also Rear hatch is cool, but J's racing already makes one so it wouldn't really be that original
A stock lower front clip thats just like the typeR front lip out of c/f would also be nice

Check out this site http://www.seibon.com They make really all we have been talking about, out of carbon fiber
-Jon
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

carbon fiber rear view mirror, splash guards, the hatch trey that's behind the rear seats. Like to see some gauge pods made for the A pillar and for the centre of dash board on an angle that would face towards the driver, door handles.
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS