question about factory type R security

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

question about factory type R security

Post by PY 01-0972 »

Is it true that the theft demobilizer wont let the car be stolen? I want to
get a type R 00-01 but am concerned that all the cars I see for sale(well
at least 75% of them)are theft recovery cars. is there some way these thiefs are by passing the factory demobilizer? if it can be beat, would an
alarm with a fuel shut off be fool proof? any advise would be appriciated.
I just dont want to find my dream car and loose it. I havent had any problems with my 00 Si but it is red and looks totally stock so that may
be why I have had luck with it. I also know how the demobilzer works
and it seems that you would have to have all ten keys with the chip in them
and test them all to fool the factory system. thanks for all your posts on
this.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

There are many ways to steal the car and the immobolizer does not do much but prevent the n00bie theif.
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR97 »

best thing to do is get a pager alarm system comes with immboizlier not from factory but better, and tells u if someone has triggered ur alarm. get the club, depends where u go to, park in public places. and if that still isn't enough get the GPS system. u are going to pay a monthly fee but if ur car is a nice car u going to need it. my friend has it in his supra TT. basically u can track ur car down anytime anywhere , and even shut ur car off if ur not driving it.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

All though if I had the money to get a GPS system alarm I would but untill I hit the lotto or get the balls to robb a bank I got myself the alarm from http://www.compustar.org

I still have my R two years and then some...
swed
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

question about factory type r security

Post by PY 01-0972 »

I had saw another type r with the compustar and checked it out and was
going to be the first thing I got for the car with the glass breakage sensors. $600 installed.
TypeR00_0371
New ITRCA Member

Re: question about factory type R security

Post by TypeR00_0371 »

airmaxplusone wrote:Is it true that the theft demobilizer wont let the car be stolen? I want to
get a type R 00-01 but am concerned that all the cars I see for sale(well
at least 75% of them)are theft recovery cars. is there some way these thiefs are by passing the factory demobilizer? if it can be beat, would an
alarm with a fuel shut off be fool proof? any advise would be appriciated.
I just dont want to find my dream car and loose it. I havent had any problems with my 00 Si but it is red and looks totally stock so that may
be why I have had luck with it. I also know how the demobilzer works
and it seems that you would have to have all ten keys with the chip in them
and test them all to fool the factory system. thanks for all your posts on
this.
just move out here in the sticks... you just get revved on by 70 yr. old "Blue-Hairs" in their brand new Lincolns
Stop Whining!!
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

when i found out that a friends stock 2000 sir got stolen from work at night shift I said to my self lucky my car is in storage. I have an alarm but also went and bought a pull off steering adapter along with an aftermarket steering wheel so I can take it with me where ever I go. Those fuckers ain't getting my ride :lol:
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

question about factory type r security

Post by PY 01-0972 »

I am gonna be real safe and go with the compustar with glass breakage
a club and whatever that device is that locks the break pedal in the up postion. I like the steering wheel idea but do you have to disarm the air
bags? I wonder. hey thanks for all the info people! cant wait to get my R
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

Yes cause u r replacing it with an aftermarket (momo, sparco ect...)
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
ITR #454 2001
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR #454 2001 »

never be foolish enough to believe that any car is fool proof. Even the "unstealable" cars like mercedes and audi with the special keys cannot prevent a flatbed truck from swooping it. Layer the security and your chances are better. Best security = garage.
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Yup.. Secure underground parking or a garage is a must! I wouldn't dream of leaving my R outside overnight.. If you can't work that, buy every security device you can get... These cars are getting to be fewer and fewer. It would be interesting to see how many of the cars sold in North America have beed stolen and stripped or totaled in wrecks.. It seems like a hell of a lot..
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I don't know where your from, but in Minnesota stock Si's get jacked all day. Don't matter if it's stock or modded, as long as it's affiliated with Honda that shit's gone.:twisted: