head gaskets

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
2XS
New ITRCA Member

head gaskets

Post by 2XS »

I have a jdm itr motor that is stock internals. I am putting jun 2 cams in it and I want a headgasket to raise the compression. im looking at the spoon and the mugen but everywhere I look seems to have different specs. does anyone know which one will raise comp more, or which one will work better, and were I can get one in a hurry??

I also need springs and retainers for the cams....if anyone can reccomend them also
straights are for fast cars, bends are for fast drivers
TypeR00_0371
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR00_0371 »

Mugen raises by 0.4 points

plus if you have alot of carbon build up on the top of the pistons, that'll raise compression too.....

^^^(Not making this up, it's an ASE question....)

I don't have any in stock, and it'd probably be about a week or so before I could get you one, but you might try http://www.performance-online.com if you ever need parts in the future

Scott Boller
Stop Whining!!
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I have a mugen head gasket still in the box it was shipped in from king. Will sell it for $125 shipped.

Just want to get my money back. I bought it for an oil leak that turned out to be a cam seal.

Trey