what should be looked at during a 30k maintenance?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

what should be looked at during a 30k maintenance?

Post by Bbasso »

I'm bringing my R in for a maintenance at the dealer this coming week. What should they look for ?
the car just broke 30k miles and has been driven hard and I'm going to Limerock in Nov.
I just want to have additional ideas on what should be looked at...
Other then the obvious

Thanks!
swed
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Hmm....

Post by Aj »

You want to make sure they do a valve adjustment, the specs are 8 on the exhaust and 7 on the intake, make sure they get that correct. You should also have them change the tranny fluid, and make sure they use honda manual transmission fluid or 10W30 with a limited slip aditive. You should change your oil and filter if needed. A new fuel filter wouldn't hurt, a new air filter, if you don't have an intake with a cleanable filter, add power steering fluid if it needs it, only use Honda power steering fluid. Bleed you brakes and clutch, check pads and rotors......

Can't seem to think of anything else, but If I do, I'll let you know.

Later,
Aj
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

AJ,

Heres the deal I have a few warrenty items that need to be taken care of and I want them to look for anything else that might be a warrenty item that could be replaced before it goes bad.
I have or will do the basic chit like oil, pads etc
just looking for the "out of the ordinary" items that might be a headache .

I have also posted this Up in HT but thought I might get a few thoughts..

Thanks.
swed
itr449
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr449 »

i have to drop my r of for the same 30k service. i'm starting to have a lot of excess noise(other than normal R loudness) my window rattles and at certain speed i get rattles in the front left of the car. is this normal or something that the dealer can and will take care of?
2k phoenix yellow R#449
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

if u're taking it to the dealer, i'm pretty sure they know what they're doing with it... :lol:
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I wouldn't say that.... :roll:
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Nor would I say that.
swed
bbqman
Canadian Director

Warranty

Post by bbqman »

Nor would I....take it to the dealer, that is.
Except for warranty work that you don't pay for, these guys are generally the most incompetant tech there is. That is unless there is a true enthusiast in the garage, and he is the guy on your car!

As for warranty shit.......my car is OK...all this after 4 yrs of Auto-x, lapping and Time trials....1998 and 65.000km and counting. But guys I have talked to, had rear shocks leaking ( that the dealer missed) and front wheel bearings getting noisy..( I don't know how this happened), so check this stuff..
Oh yeah, after a hard drive, the gasket between the cat and center-pipe start to squeak, so if this is the case, get it changed.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

wheel bearings, good one. thanks
swed
kkim
New ITRCA Member

Post by kkim »

in addition to what has been posted, I'd have them flush the brake fluid, if it's never been done, and flush and change the coolant.
98 ITR #460
bbqman
Canadian Director

Brake fluid and coolant

Post by bbqman »

Unfortunately, they won't change brake fluid and coolant under warranty.
And although they are most likely due, get it done elsewhere , where you can choose the quality of the parts.
kkim
New ITRCA Member

Re: Brake fluid and coolant

Post by kkim »

bbqman wrote:Unfortunately, they won't change brake fluid and coolant under warranty.
And although they are most likely due, get it done elsewhere , where you can choose the quality of the parts.
30k check isn't covered under warranty either, so what's your point? you can have the 30k maint done anywhere you wish as long as you have documented proof it was done.
98 ITR #460
bbqman
Canadian Director

Warranty or pay?

Post by bbqman »

The point was simple, kkim....the original post was about finding warranty items that could be addressed while still under warranty.
Brake fluid and coolant aren't warranty issues, however they are great maintenance issues that the dealers sometimes overlook or just do a plain crappy job.
That's all i wanted to say.....