The New guy here!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Henryx33
New ITRCA Member

The New guy here!

Post by Henryx33 »

Hey whats up everyone. I just now found out about this site. It's nice to see other ITR owners that take pride in the car just as I do. I've had my ITR now for about 3 months. 2000 #744 Black Pearl. The previous owner took good care of her, but she needed a bit of work to get back to her old self, and still does.
The ITR is not modded to much. Just a T3/T4 Turbonetics Turbo Custom work blah blah.. Stock Motor only boosting 7lbs to keep her safe. 254whp.
I just install a Lo-Jack in the car, which in my opinion is a smart thing to do with such a rare and highly stolen car.
Before this I had a 00 Civic Si(Sold) and a 94 Ls(Which my father totaled while I was deployed)
Maybe its just mine, But I noticed the 00 and 01 ITR are a bit different. I dont have CC, A rear wiper or a trunk release by the driver seat. Those are just some things off the top of my head.
Either way I love the car and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

Here are some pics of my old LS(Totaled) back in 03, the SI(sold) and my 00 ITR. Enjoy

-Henry

Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Welcome to the site!

I always liked the black Rs, but could not deal with cleaning one.

I like yours but the rims... I could live w/o.

Good luck with the caR and stick around.
swed
neo_
ITRCA Member

Re: The New guy here!

Post by neo_ »

Henryx33 wrote: Maybe its just mine, But I noticed the 00 and 01 ITR are a bit different. I dont have CC, A rear wiper or a trunk release by the driver seat.

Only 94-97 integras have the trunk release button. Do you have a hole pluged on your rear hatch glass? Because 98+ ITRs do have a rear wiper. And what does CC mean?

Gold painted 17" Type S rims don't belong on an ITR, just wait till someone also mentions those cornor lights :wink:

But welcome to the family and take good care of her :D
Last edited by neo_ on December 11th, 2006, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hype_R
ITRCA Member

Post by Hype_R »

^I think he actually thought ITR's had cruise control (CC). Nice ride none the less except for the wheels...and corners. :P
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Welcome to ITRCA!! That paint is hot! Just gotta keep heR clean now :wink:
I'm a big fan of the OEM wheels on ITRs but I do like those bronze RSX wheels.
ITRs don't have cruise control unless a previous owner added it. And there should have been a rear wiper. Just FYI, it's considered "safety equipment" and you could run into legal issues for not having it, even though you didn't remove it.

Lojack was a good idea. A paging alarm would also be a great idea especially since she is parked outdoors rather than in a garage. Maybe even a full wheel boot, and not that AlphaLock junk :P

I hope you really enjoy heR man and keep heR safe!! Gonna try to make it to ITR Expo 7? VIR!! 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Henryx33
New ITRCA Member

Post by Henryx33 »

I know, I know. The corner lights, rims, headlights are just some of the things that I need to change out. In time though it will get done. Trust me I'm my own worst critic. It's also going to get a paint job in the future due to some nicks. Same color as factory.

as you can see in this pic. The back wiper has been pluged. I just thought it came like that since it was an ITR, but I guess not. Looks like I'm going to have to pick one up.

Anything else you guys can tell me about that Type R That I might not know (features wise) would be helpful. I know all the motor and suspension stuff already.
Glad to be part of the site.
Thanks guys
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

FL plates? Where you located? I'm in FL as well.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Dave_B wrote:FL plates? Where you located? I'm in FL as well.
His location says "P-Town Va" You should use your mod abilitys to trace his IP to a location, lol.

Anyway, you should blur those plates.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

neo_ wrote:
Dave_B wrote:FL plates? Where you located? I'm in FL as well.
His location says "P-Town Va" You should use your mod abilitys to trace his IP to a location, lol.

Location means nothing. IP trace does nothing either without "whois"
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Another va ITR owner!

Welcome!
Henryx33
New ITRCA Member

Post by Henryx33 »

The plate doesn't belond to the car. I took the pics before I got it Registered. Which is why I didnt blur it.

I stay in VA for now. I was in the Navy which is why im here in VA. Just looking for a place in Florida now. Im orginaly from Miami.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

welcome to the site!
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com