JDM ITR Recaro Q

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
TypeRPaul
New ITRCA Member

JDM ITR Recaro Q

Post by TypeRPaul »

Well i should be picking up my new seats next week some time and i was wondering what I have to do to make them fit? I've heard that you have to take out the arm rest, is this true? also I want to put 5 pt racing belt in it but dont have a roll cage is there anyway i can do this or do I have to have a roll cage?thanks guys

Paul 01-431
01 nbp ITR
-AEM CAI
-Apexi N1 cat-back exaust
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

I don't know about making the Recaros fit but about the 5 point I have a friend who has one in his civic and his is anchored to the rear seat belt point.
98 #0023
You name the vice, I'll name the price.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

No, to the best of my knoweldge you don't have to take out the arm rest, but I think the bolsters from the recaros will rub the armrest, and make it no fun to put the seat belts in. Not sure on that one, but the armrest replacement for the JDM ITR is pretty cheap any way. As far as the five point harnesses go, you have a couple options, either use the rear mounting points for the the back seat belts under the seats, which is probably your best and cheapest bet, or buy a harness guide bar, or lastly, invest in a roll cage.

Good luck,
Aj
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

If you have the right rails they will just bolt right in.

As for the armrest, you can still run the stock ones but the knobs will be hard to reach and may scratch the armrest.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

You can mod the seats and knobs to fit on the outside near the doors but it is a little hard to get to...
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com