Cleaning the v-tec

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Cleaning the v-tec

Post by SanjayR »

Isnt there someway to clean the V-tec filter or something like that. One of my friends was telling me how it made a diffrence after he cleaned his. Does anyone know anything about this. If so how do you go about cleaning it.
Thanks
TYPE R
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Never heard of a VTEC filter. There is a VTEC solenoid but I haven't heard of cleaning it either.

Trey
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

vtec filter

Post by Jan Niemi »

Ask your friend, and when you're at it, ask him to show you where the "vtec filter" is.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

If your looking down at your valve cover its on the left in between the distributor and valve cover...its that little round thing its like an inch high....and i think he might have said soleniod. I'll ask him when i see him again. Hemight be full of shit i dunno.
TYPE R
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I think he might have been f^&@%#^ with ya mang.......:lol:
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

That's the VTEC solenoid... and no, you don't clean it other than when you clean the rest of your engine bay. A filter? Filter what? :o
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Sick TR »

his probably cofusing the intake with the vtec.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Well, did he also tell you to maintain your muffler bearing, or perhaps your water filter.....

there is no such thing as a Vtec filter, and there is no purpose on cleaning your solenoid, unless you really want to spend a couple bucks on a new gasket.....

Slap your buddy, and tell him to stop screwing with you, or if he really thinks it made a difference, tell him to get real...

Later,
Aj
Kali ItR
New ITRCA Member

there is a filter.!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kali ItR »

there is a filter!!!! its called the spool valve.. take off the vtec solonoid and its like a gasket/filter looks like a fine net. clean with brakeclean. the filter filters out any debris. if the filter clogs the spool valve will drop oil press to the rocker arms and vtec will not turn on or turn on on some cylinders and not all. also the filter keeps out debris so the timing piston(the little rod that connects all the rockers to the deep cam lobe) wont stick. if its not clean it would throw a check engine light. (p1259 dtc) i know because im a honda tech. and had a shitty experince with that on an accord.
SoHc my DoHc?
Dave's Garage
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I wouldn't exactly call a mesh screen a filter, but calling it what you will, I've never had to clean one, in all the motors I've built, had built, and seen built.....either way, it's not necesary, and it's one of those things that either works or doesn't work...

Later,
Aj