Some mealy-mouthed crotch pheasant tried to steal my car

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Some mealy-mouthed crotch pheasant tried to steal my car

Post by sscguy »

I just went out to my car maybe two hours ago to go home and throw on the new Falken Azenis, when I find some bastard has broken in and messed up the steering column in an apparently failed attempt to steal it. I call the campus cops, they lifted some fingerprints (by the way, I didn't used to think so, but thumbs up to UMBC cops), now I'm having it towed to my house. At any rate, be extremely careful parking your Honda/Acura at UMBC, theft is ridiculous there, use a club (the other cars that have been broken into all had high-quality alarms/theft systems) or something, and I'm looking into buying some kill switches and a Lo-jak or something. Anyone know where to get one around the Ellicott City/Columbia area, a reputable shop or anything?

If only I'd caught him in the act...
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!
apexii
New ITRCA Member

Damm them to hell

Post by apexii »

Sorry to hear about that, but glad you are still in posession of yours. Mine was stolen 5 days ago, and not a word. :cry:
'01 #361 STOLEN 3/5/03
'98 #98 STOLEN 3/13/06
'93 turbolude garage ornament
'04 TL Navi Black/Black
cronic
New ITRCA Member

Post by cronic »

I am so sorry for you. I would freak.
There are some really good aftermarket alarm systems that disble the motor even if they mess with the stearing column (if the alarm is on the car will self diagnose the point of entry and alert you later and the car will not start, even with a key).
*In the UK they even have stuff that can shoot fire at the thief but I doubt that it is available here.*
Obviously any professional can override this but they would have to know what they were doing.
The best ones cost the most but...
for me the piece of mind was worth it!
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Clutch club

Post by Utilitarian »

I guy that I was thinking of buying a Type R from here in NC told me that he had a Club (or something similar) designed for the clutch pedal. I guess it is like a block that prevents to from being depressed. Who knows? It might work.
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

Yep, right now that's what I'm going with, it's called an Autolock, locks over the clutch or brake pedal. I'm looking into an alarm system, but the thieves on campus have been able to bypass all the alarms on the other 10 or so cars they've taken, and a few of the systems were apparently pretty sophisticated, so I don't know how much it'll help. The flame thrower thing though, I wouldn't mind that....
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

Where's UMBC? My car has also been attempted to be stolen as well (countless times, from the mall, my house, school, work, etc.). I suggest getting the Auto-Loc (it locks to your clutch).
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

UMBC is in Baltimore, MD. I will be getting the autolock tonight, soon as I get to Advance Auto. Probably also a kill switch.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

I have the Auto Lock and a Boomerang and Alarm System, im scared shittless, cuz i know that if they want it, they will and can get it:( BUT i try to make smart choices where i park and where it's parked when i sleep
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
cxSHOE
ITRCA Member

Post by cxSHOE »

well,,,you can try ebay,,,, its called "blackjax4" made by clifford it is like two systems in one,,,,its a stand alone system that works by itself or with any alarm system..

it is a car jack system,, door opens it activates the car jack feature.. but when you turn the ignition off to go home or to park the car,,, it automatically shuts down the entire ignition system.. meaning the car will not turn over or crank the starter...

sells on ebay at buy it now for like 89.00 the system sells for over 200.00 at stores... i dont work for them or anything but i have tested the system and it works great,,, plus you get the car jack feature too....and it comes with a siren and everything....

just my 2cents