HONDATA TUNE?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

HONDATA TUNE?

Post by cubanboy1433 »

would it be a good move to tune my set-up
aem cold air intake
dcsport 4-1 header
full exhaust
and get some cam gears , get a hondata fully tunable ECU and dyno tune it , it will b converting it to obd1 cost of cam gears and tuning and ecu will b at like 1200 or so..... is it worth it? or waste of money ,
and will the car still drive the same?

help me out new honda guy so i dont know anything about them
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

I think it's worth it to properly tune your setup, but don't expect miraculous gains with such minimal mods.

Get the Hondata S300, it will be the last EMS you'll ever need.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

hondata

Post by cubanboy1433 »

yea i dont expect the shit to fly, but itll deff b quicker than what it is now im just askin if its really worth a GRAND for what 10-15 WHP?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

The reliability will be worth it, knowing that the motor is in proper tune to me is worth it.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

reliability

Post by cubanboy1433 »

the cars got plenty of reliability now isnt it how it is now the most reliable as its gonna get? bcuz with the hondata its gonna up everythin a notch making it run max everythin as safe as possible isnt it?
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

gg

Post by cubanboy1433 »

my cars only got 46k miles just rolled to 46 actually
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

It's no longer stock, right?
Your ECU is stock, right?
You need to adjust what the ECU does to match the new parts that you have.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

itr

Post by cubanboy1433 »

good point so if i keep it ill do it
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

you miiiiiiiiight gain 15whp with a good tune and those mods...but thats about it. If you get a Hondata it is true you wont buy another EMS but with those mods...I really dont see it worth the money spent on tuning and the system. Also why change camgears? Not worth it either for the tiny and I mean TINY gains you'll see keeping stock cams (which are really good anyway)

Intake, header, exhaust there's no need for a Hondata...the air/fuel ratio isnt changed enough to throw your stock maps off enough to justify putting a OBD1 ecu in the car and getting a Hondata (you get a OBD1 ECU because of the Hondata...you dont get a Hondata because of a OBD1 ECU swap)

If you got into cams, camgears, intake manifold, pistons, ect...something DEEP in the all motor range then yes, EMS or some kinda EMS at least...but not for basic bolt-ons...IMO.

PS
Im Cuban too! :wink:
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

truu

Post by cubanboy1433 »

u made a good point but what 15whp is what like 30-40HP at the crank wich isnt bad, besides i dont want no forced induction in on this car other wise id get cams and everything else and prolly spray a 75 or something but i dont want too or turbo i would never tear my motor up to go turbo, i just got out of a turbo 240 SR20DET it was fun but pain in the ass for everything so no more turbo for me, theres not much else i can do to the ITR maybe a main crank pulley or something besdies ECU?
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

if you're in FL, take it to Mase and say the English fag Geoff sent you :P
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

^^

Post by cubanboy1433 »

who is that^^ where
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: truu

Post by Erik B »

cubanboy1433 wrote:u made a good point but what 15whp is what like 30-40HP at the crank wich isnt bad, besides i dont want no forced induction in on this car other wise id get cams and everything else and prolly spray a 75 or something but i dont want too or turbo i would never tear my motor up to go turbo, i just got out of a turbo 240 SR20DET it was fun but pain in the ass for everything so no more turbo for me, theres not much else i can do to the ITR maybe a main crank pulley or something besdies ECU?
Um, who cares what it makes at the crack? LMFAO...I have never heard anyone wanting more power at the crank :lol: If you plan to spray then now your talking about a diff ball game all together. I was giving you advise based on the mods listed and nothing else
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

?

Post by cubanboy1433 »

hey itll make a difference
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

tuning

Post by cubanboy1433 »

so i talked to LHT performance local shop here in FL about getting it tuned they said 195 for the ecu 195 for the software and 99 for obd1 harness and 500 for tuning if i add cam gears it can also give me like 3-9WHP more when they mess with the exhaust and intake cams soooo a grand in total and ive only heard good things about their shop so i guess its a good buy .... DOING IT SOON
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

What ECU and what "software"? ECU price sounds about right but i havent heard of a Hondata for that cheap...thats a good deal if its a hondata.

Now check this tho, your spending $500 to tune nothing pretty much. U gonna wanna spend another $500 when you add a few parts to the car? Id save my money for a bit longer and get a few more mods before i put them all on and strapped it down to a dyno.

Also, look up user MASE on Honda-tech...best tuner in FL hands down
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

erikB

Post by cubanboy1433 »

iam not too familiar with honda-tech site. and yea its the hondata s100 its at 195 now.. c i dont wanan destroy my motor thats why im deciding to tune it, theres nothing else i can do to it, i dont want spray, i dont want turbo. i dont wanna destroy the inside of the motor my cars pretty new and to not destroy it but to squeeze out more power i mean theres pretty much nothin else i can do besdies tuning and cam gears to mess with, pulleys dont maake a diff so thats out, i have a friend of mines with skunk 2 cams n valves n retainers on a yellow one and off nos i get him! and hes redlining at like 9500 or so, so yea if u have any ideas for me on what else i can do then LET ME KNOW iam open for opinions
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

erikB

Post by cubanboy1433 »

iam not too familiar with honda-tech site. and yea its the hondata s100 its at 195 now.. c i dont wanan destroy my motor thats why im deciding to tune it, theres nothing else i can do to it, i dont want spray, i dont want turbo. i dont wanna destroy the inside of the motor my cars pretty new and to not destroy it but to squeeze out more power i mean theres pretty much nothin else i can do besdies tuning and cam gears to mess with, pulleys dont maake a diff so thats out, i have a friend of mines with skunk 2 cams n valves n retainers on a yellow one and off nos i get him! and hes redlining at like 9500 or so, so yea if u have any ideas for me on what else i can do then LET ME KNOW iam open for opinions
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

man there's TONS of things you can do all motor to a car...but won't net you much WHP at all so your askign the wrong guy for advise on a NA set up...

I been down that NA road only to turn Turbo after it was all said and done

Spoon header/Test
Toda spec B cams
Toda camgears
Intake
Exhaust
VAFC

And then some and it made 194whp....I boosted it and was running a SAFE set up at 5psi and making 254whp for the same amount of money :?
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

i rather go NA on a type R i dont want to destroy the motor with a turbo besides all my past cars have been turbo so ill stick to NA on this, my last car was a nissan 240sx with SR20DET i had my fun with it but too many mods and things will go bad so ill decide to keep it safely NA + im nto a raceholic or anything like that i just like seein what the honda can do since iam new to this HONDA thingso ocne ill do it ill keep u posted on what it did[/b]
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: ^^

Post by tartje »

cubanboy1433 wrote:who is that^^ where

http://www.masetuning.com
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Why dont you listen to Clayton(Ausmith) from HT, even buy the parts directly from King for half of what you can get it at LHT?
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

that crome sounds good

Post by cubanboy1433 »

the crome soundss good and all but prolly wont get as much out of it as a hondata tune + i dont wanna sacrifice gas milage
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

that crome sounds good

Post by cubanboy1433 »

the crome soundss good and all but prolly wont get as much out of it as a hondata tune + i dont wanna sacrifice gas milage
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

walker111 wrote:Why dont you listen to Clayton(Ausmith) from HT, even buy the parts directly from King for half of what you can get it at LHT?