HONDATA TUNE?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

walker111 wrote:Why dont you listen to Clayton(Ausmith) from HT, even buy the parts directly from King for half of what you can get it at LHT?
I will agree.
swed
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

its almost the same price, hondata is 195 the harness is 99 so id save what 20 bucks on that and the king base map i dont kno if thats the same thing that comes from hondata? even then LHT is gonna charge 500 for tuning wich is a set price wich i think is HIGH for A non forced induction car and this would b more simple to tune but eh?
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

cubanboy1433 wrote:its almost the same price, hondata is 195 the harness is 99 so id save what 20 bucks on that and the king base map i dont kno if thats the same thing that comes from hondata? even then LHT is gonna charge 500 for tuning wich is a set price wich i think is HIGH for A non forced induction car and this would b more simple to tune but eh?
Why wouldnt the base map work for you? King Motorsports is a very well known and trusted shop!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Even tho LHT is in your back yard... There are other shops that can tune your car. I trust P1Auto and drive there to get work done and tunes when needed. And it's 670 miles from my house.
From your area it's 550 ish. take the trip!
swed
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

yea ill c what i can do about it, thanks tho
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

Re: that crome sounds good

Post by ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER »

cubanboy1433 wrote:the crome soundss good and all but prolly wont get as much out of it as a hondata tune + i dont wanna sacrifice gas milage
crome is not going to sacrifice any more gas mileage than hondata. if you tune correctly for your motor, you may have to add fuel in some places (and trim fuel out in others). it doesnt matter what program you use, tuning is the same.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

crome

Post by cubanboy1433 »

so who recomends crome instead of HONDATA? i mean its alott cheaper but u get what u pay for? so is it about the same HP or will i sacrifice gas milage with a crome,. its not going to be a dyno tune with crome as it is hondat so u guys tell me
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

It's what your tuner knows and perfers to use not what you want (sort of).
If you buy something he does not know how to use then... the results might not be all that great.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

i mean theres a bunch of tuners down here, LHT only works with hondata some other people only work with crome they both say something negative about each other so i really dont know at this point
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

A good business man will never knock another person's business or what they work with / tools (unless there is a valid situation). I say go with who makes you feel most comfortable and has good pricing to match.

And this is why I travel to P1auto, simple.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

i think i have more confidence with LHT even tho its gonna cost me about 4 times more than doing crome but everything thatcomes out of their shop is a positive feed back, good quaility and good labor and i want mines perfect so i guess its a small price to pay
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

i would rather pay more money in the beginning, 5x the money if necessary, and have something that i know is going to be good, has had care taken in its preparation, and going to be right the first time and have no headaches, than do it half-baked and potentially fuck something up
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

^^^^ thats how i c it but i needed to make sure i was doing the right thing, u always get what u pay for and i want my car to be A+ ive had all my last cars fuck up on me so thats why i need to know what iam doing. iam new to this honda thing also so iam a NOOB
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

Something you may want to consider is talking to the company that only tunes with Hondata about potentially tuning with Crome.

What I mean is, when I was trying to find a tuner, most people can tune with just about any program, but lack the emulator and chip burner to complete the tune with either the Hondata S200, Crome, or any of the other free / cheaper tuning software that is available.

Crome looks almost identical to Romeditor (Hondata S200 software), and SManager (Hondata S300) just looks slightly different. I have messed around with both programs as Trey taught me how to tune with the SManager.

What I am getting at is, perhaps the company will tune with Crome if you buy the emulator and chip burner. That would be much cheaper than the S300 and you could even sell the emulator and chip burner after you are done using it and recoup most of your money from those parts.

Just my $.02
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

dropped off my car at LHT tonight, get it back mid day tomo hopefully it turns out good , ill keep u guys posted
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

just got back from tuning it gained 19WHP midrange and 10whp top end so was it worth it? eh ill find out tonight with a couple runs with some close races i had before
soulrider4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by soulrider4ever »

that should definitely be noticeable...

what were the final numbers?
ITR #00-654 FBP @ 10 psi
315HP/238TQ
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

and what kind of dyno was used?
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

i dont kno what kinda dyno was used, dynojet something idk? and yea iam in some kind of bad mood right now, when i went to pick up the car it didnt start so they switched out ecu's and put my chip on another car started fine. got home let the car cool down for an hour and a half and not it wont start again so tomo its heading to the shop again so i have to put in the stock ecu on it tomo :evil:
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

i had that happen to me. I had a bad ecu.

if anyone wants a sort of working chipped P28 socketed for hondata s200 / crome, i have one cheap :P
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

yea thats what we thought but it happened twice already the first one did it and changed the ecu and it worked good now it just did it again, so im guessin everytime the car gets cold the ecu goes bad?
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

if you were not having these issues before getting the ecu, conversion harness, and hondata / crome, my guess is that it might be wiring.

first, explain what setup you went with.
kind of ecu?
kind of OBD conversion harness?
Hondata or Crome? If Hondata, S200 or S300?
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

what iam going to do is put the stock ECU back c if it starts bcuz now it has camgears i dont kno how those r gonna come into play with the stock ecu and if it runs take it back to the shop to c i the harness or something is bad and makin the ecus give out... im replaicing the stock ecu in about 10 mins
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

took carto the shop problem was the spark plugs, my cheap o sparks were not the right gap and not right heat racnge so hondata likes this one better now it spins first gear on a roll and chirps 3rd really long so all in all its good now gaining 21whp in torque really does work!
soulrider4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by soulrider4ever »

sweet man good to hear...what were your final numbers?!
ITR #00-654 FBP @ 10 psi
315HP/238TQ