Differences between Canadian / US ITR or Civics?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
hsnmyr
New ITRCA Member

Differences between Canadian / US ITR or Civics?

Post by hsnmyr »

Are there any issues with registering a Canadian ITR in US or vice versa?

Do they have different bumper standards or anything like that that makes it difficult to register a Canadian Car in the US?

Does it depend on the state in the US you want to register?

OR are the cars built to the same safety standards and may only differ in odometer / speedometer reading?

I did hear / read in my 89 CRX owners manual that Canadian CRX had mounting points or straps to allow a baby seat to be secured behind the front seats.

I would appreciate any knowledge or experience anyone could share with buying vehicles from across the Northern border.
crxgator
ITRCA Member

Post by crxgator »

i believe the only major differences are that cdn's got daytime running lights and the KMH are bigger numbers than MPH on the speedometer...

with crx's that was another story and they can not be legally imported without a ton of work.
hsnmyr
New ITRCA Member

Post by hsnmyr »

Was the issue with CRX just for CRX or did / does it apply to 92-95 Civics as well?
crxgator
ITRCA Member

Post by crxgator »

the crx because us crx's have the seatbelts on the doors (89-91) where as the rest of the world do not.