The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

sheesh, Like I'm suspossed to know about everything :P

as for those vids, It might have been an apple player of sorts.
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:sheesh, Like I'm suspossed to know about everything :P
no, but you should at least know about this. :P
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

Erik95LS wrote:
Bbasso wrote:sheesh, Like I'm suspossed to know about everything :P
no, but you should at least know about this. :P
:lol:

i wish i could bring it too :cry: passengering in some and seeing them will make me want to take mine round the track so bad. :(

and have the only red one there
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Erik95LS wrote:I can't believe you two didn't know what the Goodwood Festival was! Come out from under your rocks!!!!

Oh yeah, John (Jeff) do you have any experience with Suriname Boas? Was looking at a couple last night and really want one now. They seem like really good snakes.
Suriname Boas are a subspecies of Red-tail Boas. They are found it Surinam. I have only had one red-tail boa. They require the same things as most large snakes. 78-82*,BIG cage and BIG prey/food. I miss having pythons. :cry:
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:I can't believe you two didn't know what the Goodwood Festival was! Come out from under your rocks!!!!

Oh yeah, John (Jeff) do you have any experience with Suriname Boas? Was looking at a couple last night and really want one now. They seem like really good snakes.
Suriname Boas are a subspecies of Red-tail Boas. They are found it Surinam. I have only had one red-tail boa. They require the same things as most large snakes. 78-82*,BIG cage and BIG prey/food. I miss having pythons. :cry:
yeah, this one was rad. Still only about a ft long. We're trying to find ways to come up with the money.
-Erik

Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:

yeah, this one was rad. Still only about a ft long. We're trying to find ways to come up with the money.

How much do they want? I wouldn't think it would be more than 100-150. At least they rarely get over 12' with and avg length of 10'. A 275lb 19' python can be a load.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

they want $250. Now that I think about it I guess it was more like 20" or so. Still really skinny. Friendly as can be though, at least so far.
-Erik

Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Erik95LS wrote:they want $250. Now that I think about it I guess it was more like 20" or so. Still really skinny. Friendly as can be though, at least so far.
Like most animals, the more they are handled the better the odds are of it being a qualtiy pet.

I am shocked that they are still that expensive. It must be a petshop. I would find a private breeder... unless he is so cute and cuddly that you can not resist him.

I would feed him every 2 days and get about 10' within his first year. :shock:
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:they want $250. Now that I think about it I guess it was more like 20" or so. Still really skinny. Friendly as can be though, at least so far.
Like most animals, the more they are handled the better the odds are of it being a qualtiy pet.

I am shocked that they are still that expensive. It must be a petshop. I would find a private breeder... unless he is so cute and cuddly that you can not resist him.

most of the breeder ones I've found are $500-600+ So this one is really not that bad of a deal and the conenience of it is another plus. I also read that Suriame's are really prone to death from feeding too often. They regurgitate their food and die from it. Several sources make this claim.
-Erik

Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:

most of the breeder ones I've found are $500-600+ So this one is really not that bad of a deal and the conenience of it is another plus. I also read that Suriame's are really prone to death from feeding too often. They regurgitate their food and die from it. Several sources make this claim.
Damn, It's a red-tail boa.. :?

Here is a boa I would like. The snow phase. http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src= ... WebResults
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Here's the Goodwood Revival!

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/

Everybody dresses in period clothes, 1948-1967. It's a three day carshow, airshow, and vintage car race. Unlike Monterray, for example, they rail these millon dollar vintage racecars like they were drunken prom dates! :o In some cases, driven by retired racing legends.
This is practically the only place on the planet you can see legendary cars driven at high speed. You might bump into a celib. like George Lucas or Jay Leno too.
Click all the tabs in above link, this is really a cool event.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

There 'ya go Rob. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Interesting!
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:

That seems to be about the going rate for baby Surinames though. We're trying to find some way to get it. Need to get some new tanks and stuff situated first. You wouldn't know any good breeders that might have some Surinames would you?
-Erik

tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

Bbasso wrote:Interesting!

the goodwood revival and the festival of speed are two different events remember :P

the revival is as matey there says, and the festival of speed just celebrates cars from the last 100 years which go ridiculously fast :)

hmmm, owning a 20' 275lb snake sounds interesting :shock:
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

Festival of Speed = :drool:

I would love to attend one of those. 8)
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Willard wrote:Festival of Speed = :drool:

for real. Times a billion. What a great time that would be.
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

ITR 00-0477 wrote:
Willard wrote:Festival of Speed = :drool:

for real. Times a billion. What a great time that would be.

har har har i've been to the last two and i shall be going to this years one aswell :)

i'm such an arsehole at times :oops:

its held at Goodwood House on the soat coast near Brighton if you fancied knowing, nearest major airport is Gatwick, about an hour away :arrow:
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:

That seems to be about the going rate for baby Surinames though. We're trying to find some way to get it. Need to get some new tanks and stuff situated first. You wouldn't know any good breeders that might have some Surinames would you?
Looking into it a bit more, your price is not bad at all. I wonder if there is anyway of definitively knowing you are getting what you think you are.... you know what I mean? Sometimes there can be a small detail like an extra row or scales or something. Sorry but I don't have many...... I have lost all my contacts since I have been out of the game. I will see what I can do.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:

Looking into it a bit more, your price is not bad at all. I wonder if there is anyway of definitively knowing you are getting what you think you are.... you know what I mean? Sometimes there can be a small detail like an extra row or scales or something. Sorry but I don't have many...... I have lost all my contacts since I have been out of the game. I will see what I can do.
Thanks dude. Its no big deal, we're just trying to find the best one we can get and have already fallen in love with the one at the store.
-Erik

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Man I would love to go to Goodwood :cry:
-Erik

Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

So... who is included in this "we're"?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Now that I have read more... I'm starting to drool :cry:

But I doubt I'll make it there any time soon.
swed
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Comp97GSR wrote:So... who is included in this "we're"?
my ex-gf/best friend/fellow reptile lover
-Erik