The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:they want $250. Now that I think about it I guess it was more like 20" or so. Still really skinny. Friendly as can be though, at least so far.
Like most animals, the more they are handled the better the odds are of it being a qualtiy pet.

I am shocked that they are still that expensive. It must be a petshop. I would find a private breeder... unless he is so cute and cuddly that you can not resist him.

I would feed him every 2 days and get about 10' within his first year. :shock:
most of the breeder ones I've found are $500-600+ So this one is really not that bad of a deal and the conenience of it is another plus. I also read that Suriame's are really prone to death from feeding too often. They regurgitate their food and die from it. Several sources make this claim.
Damn, It's a red-tail boa.. :?
That seems to be about the going rate for baby Surinames though. We're trying to find some way to get it. Need to get some new tanks and stuff situated first. You wouldn't know any good breeders that might have some Surinames would you?
Looking into it a bit more, your price is not bad at all. I wonder if there is anyway of definitively knowing you are getting what you think you are.... you know what I mean? Sometimes there can be a small detail like an extra row or scales or something. Sorry but I don't have many...... I have lost all my contacts since I have been out of the game. I will see what I can do.
Thanks dude. Its no big deal, we're just trying to find the best one we can get and have already fallen in love with the one at the store.
IIRC, different names are just a classification of color. All species of the red tail boa, like John said. I had a red tail boa in germany, and my friend has 2 now(tried to find the vid on my phone of it feeding/but lost it somehow). They are easy to take care of. I fed mine every week and my friend does every month. When I left germany my snake was 6'+ and about the thickness of an typical aerosol can..

Cool pet! While I was home I would leave the cage open and it would come out and hang out most of the time. Biggest PITA was just cleaning the cage, which wasnt bad at all. The next snake I get will be a boa and it will be an albino.
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

walker111 wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:they want $250. Now that I think about it I guess it was more like 20" or so. Still really skinny. Friendly as can be though, at least so far.
Like most animals, the more they are handled the better the odds are of it being a qualtiy pet.

I am shocked that they are still that expensive. It must be a petshop. I would find a private breeder... unless he is so cute and cuddly that you can not resist him.

I would feed him every 2 days and get about 10' within his first year. :shock:
most of the breeder ones I've found are $500-600+ So this one is really not that bad of a deal and the conenience of it is another plus. I also read that Suriame's are really prone to death from feeding too often. They regurgitate their food and die from it. Several sources make this claim.
Damn, It's a red-tail boa.. :?
That seems to be about the going rate for baby Surinames though. We're trying to find some way to get it. Need to get some new tanks and stuff situated first. You wouldn't know any good breeders that might have some Surinames would you?
Looking into it a bit more, your price is not bad at all. I wonder if there is anyway of definitively knowing you are getting what you think you are.... you know what I mean? Sometimes there can be a small detail like an extra row or scales or something. Sorry but I don't have many...... I have lost all my contacts since I have been out of the game. I will see what I can do.
Thanks dude. Its no big deal, we're just trying to find the best one we can get and have already fallen in love with the one at the store.
IIRC, different names are just a classification of color. All species of the red tail boa, like John said. I had a red tail boa in germany, and my friend has 2 now(tried to find the vid on my phone of it feeding/but lost it somehow). They are easy to take care of. I fed mine every week and my friend does every month. When I left germany my snake was 6'+ and about the thickness of an typical aerosol can..

Cool pet! While I was home I would leave the cage open and it would come out and hang out most of the time. Biggest PITA was just cleaning the cage, which wasnt bad at all. The next snake I get will be a boa and it will be an albino.

lol, that'd be so fucking cool, just have a snake slithering about and chilling out with you :lol:
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

While I watched tv and had my feet on the coffee table it would wrap around my legs...
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

walker111 wrote:While I watched tv and had my feet on the coffee table it would wrap around my legs...
I tried the whole let the babies out of the cage until: 1) Monty my 18 footer wanted under the couch while we were sitting on it and still lifted it. 2) Burma my 14 footer attempted to eat my kitty..... glad she missed because I don't think I could have got her to let go.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Comp97GSR wrote:
walker111 wrote:While I watched tv and had my feet on the coffee table it would wrap around my legs...
I tried the whole let the babies out of the cage until: 1) Monty my 18 footer wanted under the couch while we were sitting on it and still lifted it. 2) Burma my 14 footer attempted to eat my kitty..... glad she missed because I don't think I could have got her to let go.
lol, itrca was acting slow so I'vebeen asking meh question thru pm...
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Comp97GSR wrote:
What did you feed those big snakes? I only got up to big ass rats!
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

walker111 wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
I fed them 20lb rabbits. I also fed Monty something REALLY big once....
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Comp97GSR wrote:
walker111 wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:
I fed them 20lb rabbits. I also fed Monty something REALLY big once....
being? person? dog?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

WTF!!!

Is that thing even legal to own?
swed
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

well, i managed to go in to the parts department today, and helped the old dude out with his PC and we had a 5 minute chat, but anyway:

thats in £'s, and is plus tax, so for both of them you're look at:

£69.28

however i can always introduce discounts in exchange for p-rides and beer 8)
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

tartje wrote:well, i managed to go in to the parts department today, and helped the old dude out with his PC and we had a 5 minute chat, but anyway:

thats in £'s, and is plus tax, so for both of them you're look at:

£69.28

however i can always introduce discounts in exchange for p-rides and beer 8)

j00 da' mang!! SO what the hell is £69.28 in US$?
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Bbasso wrote:WTF!!!

Is that thing even legal to own?
Probably not...... my father at about the same time (19yrs ago) bought 2 8' Komodo dragons. He would walk them on a leash..... I am glad he didn't keep those very long. VERY filthy animals.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

69.28 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds = 134.932 USD

United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.94764 USD 1 USD = 0.513443 GBP
swed
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Bbasso wrote:134.932 USD
amazing... you got it down to the nearest thousandth of a cent. :P
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Yes I do...
swed
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

tartje wrote:Rob uses http://www.xe.com :arrow:
whats that... a boner prescription?
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

i wish it was :cry:
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

tartje wrote:i wish it was :cry:

ROFL @ tartje :lol:
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

Comp97GSR wrote:
tartje wrote:i wish it was :cry:

ROFL @ tartje :lol:

You know if you were Mugen Mike I would have had a really bad comment to make. :P

I am in for a set of H's ....
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

suppose its a good job i'm not then :)

anyone wanting a set of H's or wants to negotiate send me a PM 8)
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

tartje wrote:suppose its a good job i'm not then :)

anyone wanting a set of H's or wants to negotiate send me a PM 8)

I can see you now..... strolling through airport security with 10 pairs of these.. :P
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

:lol:

i hope they don't look funny through an X-ray machine :?

just wondering if i should put out a slightly larger advert on HT maybe...
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

tartje wrote::lol:

i hope they don't look funny through an X-ray machine :?

just wondering if i should put out a slightly larger advert on HT maybe...

If you are looking to make some money at this, why not. :thumbup:
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Well when all is said and done, H emblems over the pond cost about what A emblems do here in the U. S. from the stealership. :?
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"