Buddy Club Spec 3 Exhaust

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dr Who
New ITRCA Member

Buddy Club Spec 3 Exhaust

Post by Dr Who »

Has anyone heard it before? Are there any available reviews? Im looking at the buddy club, spoon, tanabe, or hks. (varied list, i know) If anyone had some more info, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
BrewCityR
New ITRCA Member

Post by BrewCityR »

Very loud system but flows nicely. Try doing a search on http://www.google.com
Aaron
'97 R #57 (s0ld to m0Ron)
'90 Si
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Insanely loud. Free flowing. Nuff said.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Yeah, but the big down side is, it's held togather by springs and hooks rather then by bolts, so they have a tendency when they are hot to leak, on top of being very loud. It's nice looking, and makes a decent track exhaust, but for the street it's obnoxious, and drones at mid RPMs where you would ordinarily be on the free way.
Later!

Aj
AcAttack
New ITRCA Member

Post by AcAttack »

I'm also gonna run the buddy club spec III on my next ITR. Anyone know what size piping it is? Does it go under the rear control arm or over like most other exhausts? Is there any exhausts that go under the control arm?
AcAttack
96' GS-R (RIP)
98' ITR #98-0358 (sold) Miss it soooo much
92' 240SX SE (FOR SALE!!)
I need another 98'!!!

IPS Racing

Northeast Auto Design
Monster-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by Monster-R »

Aj wrote:Yeah, but the big down side is, it's held togather by springs and hooks rather then by bolts, so they have a tendency when they are hot to leak, on top of being very loud. It's nice looking, and makes a decent track exhaust, but for the street it's obnoxious, and drones at mid RPMs where you would ordinarily be on the free way.
Because of the spring connectors, it also makes a rattling noise...as for the loudness. yes, its insanely LOUD w/o cat :twisted: :twisted: ..."BUT"... the dual silencer does wonders!!! :wink:
AcAttack wrote:...what size piping it is? Does it go under the rear control arm or over like most other exhausts? Is there any exhausts that go under the control arm?
size of piping is 125mm, and it does go above the rear control arm like most other control arms. My friend has a custom one that goes straight and under the control arm...but as know, it hangs much lower...

I've had the racing spec III for about 4-5 months and i'm really happy with it, overall, the quality of construction and materials are great! as for performance u have a free flowing superlight weight exhaust at a fraction of the titanium system's cost!!!
definately recommended :D :D :D
AcAttack
New ITRCA Member

Post by AcAttack »

Thanks for the help Monster-R, do you or anyone know of any companys that makes an exhaust go under the rear control arm? I know it would hang low but i think the flow would be so much better, that bend to go over the rear control arm seems like it would hurt flow so much. I'll most likely run the BC Spec III, but just wondering about some other stuff. :)
AcAttack
96' GS-R (RIP)
98' ITR #98-0358 (sold) Miss it soooo much
92' 240SX SE (FOR SALE!!)
I need another 98'!!!

IPS Racing

Northeast Auto Design
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

HKS hiper power/ hi power exhaust goes under the axle if you are still looking. Go to http://www.hksusa.com And go to products, exhaust, and check it out. They don't list the type r, but the 94up ls will work. I am sure you can find out for sure from hks, if you contact them.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)