Swapping Parts

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

Swapping Parts

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

First of all, I'd like to say hi to everyone on this site. I just made the switch from an 01 Integra LS to a 97 ITR last Saturday, and so far I'm lovin it!

The ITR I just purchased is bone stock and I'm hoping to transfer some of the parts from my LS over to the Type-R. I was hoping to get some answers as to what's compatible and what isn't.

I have a set of Eibach Pro Street-S full coilovers and I was wondering what I need to do to get them to fit on the ITR. Do I need LCAs from a regular Teg, or should they just bolt on? If I do need the longer LCAs, will camber be an issue?

The other items I plan on changing over are an Injen CAI and an Apexi N1 catback. From what I've read on here and Honda-Tech, these should switch right over, but if I'm wrong about this please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Welcome to the club, Please secure your caR. I'm not sure if you know but they are wanted like a free sex w/o strings attached!
As for your other qoestions, when I'm sober I'll asnwer them :)
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Re: Swapping Parts

Post by Erik95LS »

Loud-N-Clear wrote:First of all, I'd like to say hi to everyone on this site. I just made the switch from an 01 Integra LS to a 97 ITR last Saturday, and so far I'm lovin it!

The ITR I just purchased is bone stock and I'm hoping to transfer some of the parts from my LS over to the Type-R. I was hoping to get some answers as to what's compatible and what isn't.

I have a set of Eibach Pro Street-S full coilovers and I was wondering what I need to do to get them to fit on the ITR. Do I need LCAs from a regular Teg, or should they just bolt on? If I do need the longer LCAs, will camber be an issue?

The other items I plan on changing over are an Injen CAI and an Apexi N1 catback. From what I've read on here and Honda-Tech, these should switch right over, but if I'm wrong about this please let me know.

Thanks in advance
You will need regular integra LCAs, but the length is essentially the same. you won't have camber issues from the LCA, but might from lowering your car. The intake and exhaust should fit fine.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Thanks Erik.
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:Thanks Erik.
anytime. Have another drink on me :P
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

:lol:
swed
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

Thanks a lot, I'll have some picks of my new R up soon!
9dee7_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by 9dee7_itr »

Congradulations to a fellow Canuck on the pick up!

I have a 97 ITR myself.

If I was you I highly suggest that you leave the R stock, untill you can afford a decent suspension upgrade.

Switching LCA's and such too acheive a lower stance isn't worth the hassle.

You are in a different league with the R as opposed to your LS. I now the stock stance doesn't look the best, but it handles exceptionally well for a stock set up.

Take my advice and choose your mods wisely, the ITR had lots of R&D from Honda and needs very little improvement.

Have Fun.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

9dee7_itr wrote:the ITR had lots of R&D from Honda and needs very little improvement.

Have Fun.
:!:

Don't be so quick to change heR. Learn heR as she is stock... Many mods will be a step down from stock.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

Thanks for the advice, right now I'm focused on just bringing the R back up to showroom condition, but I would also like to make this car a bit original. Will the Pro Street-S have a negative impact on the handling of the R? I just bought these coilovers for $1200 2 weeks ago for the LS and they only have about 100kms on them. Would you guys suggest that I just part out the LS and start fresh on the ITR? I've been reading through threads like mad over the last couple of days just trying to get a grasp on what I've gotten myself into with the purchase of the R.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

A stock R is great, enjoy it as is.

Sell the suspension ;)
swed
Hype_R
ITRCA Member

Post by Hype_R »

Congrats on the new pick up! I knew I recognized your nick from beyond.
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

Allright, I've decided to keep her stock for now until I have more knowledge, a plan and some cash for more tasteful mods. One more question, the stock clutch is starting to go, is it worth buying an aftermarket clutch, or should I stick with a new OEM one? I'm going to DD this car and just have plans for IHE, cams and some tuning.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

The OEM clutch can handle a lot of power, plus it has the smoothness and reliability for DD. 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!