T1R exhaust?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

T1R exhaust?

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

I've been looking around for headers and exhaust systems and I see that the systems that seem to be most reputable on here are SMSP, Hytech and Toda. These seem to come with a fairly hefty price though, do you guys find that in the end the benefits are worth the extra cash? Another brand that I have been looking into is Type One Racing (T1R), does anyone have anything to say about their exhausts or headers?
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Post by heel_touge »

yes, you have to pay to play. its worth spending the money. if you look around you can get lucky and find one of these gems for cheap. i was fortunate enough to get mine for half of the cost.
<--mark, who considers his Hytech to be the "leveler of all playing fields"

i would recomend the T1R 65mm exhaust if you have a good NA build going on . if your build isnt that extreme i would go with Buddy club specIII. super light (16lbs), and 2.38 inches ID
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

heel_touge wrote: if your build isnt that extreme i would go with Buddy club specIII. super light (16lbs), and 2.38 inches ID and you don't mind the very LOUD sound
trust me I have it for years... I also made a post about it with a video, somewhere.
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Post by heel_touge »

i fail to mention that cuz i friggen love the way it sounds! loudness is not an issue for me.haha
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

?

Post by SerGTR »

Is T1R 4-2-1 header and T1R 63mm cat-back is a good investment? I mean power to $; quality and fit? Or is it loud? tnx
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Post by heel_touge »

their header is nice, but i would save for an DTR, RMF, SMSP or hytech.
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

heel_touge wrote:their header is nice, but i would save for an DTR, RMF, SMSP or hytech.
Well I've heard of smsp and hytech but wats RMF and DTR? how much $ are they? And how well do they perform?
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

How about the Spoon B-pipe with the Spoon N1 muffler? All I've really heard about it is that it's loud, does anyone have any opinions on that exhaust?
SuckMyDOHC
New ITRCA Member

Post by SuckMyDOHC »

SerGTR wrote:
heel_touge wrote:their header is nice, but i would save for an DTR, RMF, SMSP or hytech.
Well I've heard of smsp and hytech but wats RMF and DTR? how much $ are they? And how well do they perform?
Both RMF and DTR (Danny Tran Racing, now Six Sigma Racing) are both really good race headers. Right now im running a crappy JDM DC Sports 4-1 Header along with the T1R test pipe and exhaust and its pretty good.
NBP 01-0902
GBP 94' LS
SuckMyDOHC
New ITRCA Member

Post by SuckMyDOHC »

Finnaly got a better header, a Comptech Race header and it feels great with my test pipe and 2.5" T1R exhaust
NBP 01-0902
GBP 94' LS
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

SuckMyDOHC wrote:Finnaly got a better header, a Comptech Race header and it feels great with my test pipe and 2.5" T1R exhaust
How loud is it now comparing to stock? Also any noticeable smoke?