SHIFTING NOISES

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SOLOITR2001
ITRCA Member

SHIFTING NOISES

Post by SOLOITR2001 »

Ok this just started happening a few days ago after driving around for a bit. Now everytime I push the clutch in to change gears as soon as I push it in it makes a noise like somethings spinning. And now when I drive my car the engine sounds like its pushing it alittle more than usual not more power just like somethings not right.

I mean my gf doesnt know a lick about cars but she even noticed it without me saying anything about it.

Any suggestions?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

TOB...

(throw out bearing)

or the bearings inside the trans :(
SOLOITR2001
ITRCA Member

Post by SOLOITR2001 »

HMMM.... so is that alot?
cory25
ITRCA Member

Post by cory25 »

my TOB went out at about 52k I took everyones advice and went ahead and put a new clutch and flywheel in at the same time. The bearing it self is not alot of money but the labor is the same as doing a clutch. and you take the clutch out to change the TOB.
2001 R py#0025
SOLOITR2001
ITRCA Member

Post by SOLOITR2001 »

Man that sux. So now I got to get my engine plucked to have them fix that? Is there any upgrades I can do to prevent that from happening again?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

No your engine can stay in the car, just the trans has to come out.
as for preventing it... Maybe use Motul trans fluid instead of the Honda MTF- But I don't have any solid answers.
SOLOITR2001
ITRCA Member

Post by SOLOITR2001 »

Thank you so much for your guys help it really makes a difference