B-PIPE

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SOLOITR2001
ITRCA Member

B-PIPE

Post by SOLOITR2001 »

Ok you may have read my other forum about me having a problem with my Type-Rs THROW OUT BEARING. So I took it to ACURA to go get it checked and they said that the throw out bearing was fine. But they determind that its not the throw out bearing but the B-PIPE.

He told me something about being able to crimp the B-PIPE or something IDk. Then he said that is more of an annoyance for the driver and that the B-PIPE would have to be replaced.

This doesnt make sense to me so if anyone understands what they are saying could they explain to me if this sounds right?
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

The b-pipe is between the header and cat. It's part of a 2-part exhaust manifold. I don't know where they are coming up with that one...
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

if the shifter or b-pipe aren't fitting quite right they can come into contact making it diffcult to shift. Thats happened to a couple friends of mine. Is that what he was saying was the issue or was your issue with the actual clutch?
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

so you can see what a B-Pipe looks like viewtopic.php?t=6272
Loud-N-Clear
New ITRCA Member

Post by Loud-N-Clear »

BudMan wrote:The b-pipe is between the header and cat. It's part of a 2-part exhaust manifold. I don't know where they are coming up with that one...
I thought the B-pipe was between the cat and muffler...
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

BudMan wrote:The b-pipe is between the header and cat. It's part of a 2-part exhaust manifold. I don't know where they are coming up with that one...
Cat. bolts to the header. B pipe bolts to exit of cat and to the axleback muffler (tartje would call it a "back box").
On exhaust systems like a base model, the single pipe dropping down from ex. manifold to the cat is the A pipe.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

98 CW ITR 322 wrote:
Cat. bolts to the header. B pipe bolts to exit of cat and to the axleback muffler (tartje would call it a "back box").
On exhaust systems like a base model, the single pipe dropping down from ex. manifold to the cat is the A pipe.
Yep, replaced my B-pipe after 52k miles. Damn factory weld rusted out at the resonator. :?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!