Building a type R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
TypeRwannabe
New ITRCA Member

Building a type R

Post by TypeRwannabe »

hello all I currently have a 98 GSR The integra Type R is my dream car. What are you views on building my type R replica

Im going to do a Kseries swap from a DC5 Integra Type R
RHD conversion (currently Started will have pics up of that in a few days when i find my camera)
I want this car to feel like a type R and look like one too

Dont have pics of my car yet just kinda got it and its already going under the knife...

thanks
TypeRWannabe
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Oh for crying out loud......
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

At least your SN is right... :roll:
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

why not just buy a real ITR?
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

itrsteez wrote:why not just buy a real ITR?
Seriously, just get a real one and u will be proud to be real
TypeRwannabe
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeRwannabe »

yes i know i wanted a real one but i couldent find one that i liked when i went online all i found was yellow ones... I do like the yellow type r's alot but im really into the white ones after im done building this car im going to probly sell it for a Real Type R hopefully i will find on with low miles. Im not going to put type R badges all over this car. Its just going to be simple with a RHD K swap. This is my 4th k swap car did the 4 for a few customers. I also do RHD conversions so i know what im doing. All my goals are for this car is to do the conversion k swap and make it handle the same or if not better than a type R
SuckMyDOHC
New ITRCA Member

Re: Building a type R

Post by SuckMyDOHC »

TypeRwannabe wrote:hello all I currently have a 98 GSR The integra Type R is my dream car. What are you views on building my type R replica

Im going to do a Kseries swap from a DC5 Integra Type R
RHD conversion (currently Started will have pics up of that in a few days when i find my camera)
I want this car to feel like a type R and look like one too

Dont have pics of my car yet just kinda got it and its already going under the knife...

thanks
TypeRWannabe
Trust me, no matter what you do, it still won't feel like a Type R
NBP 01-0902
GBP 94' LS
Hype_R
ITRCA Member

Post by Hype_R »

Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds wrote:Oh for crying out loud......
:lol: :lol:

To the OP you sound like you are more worried about color then the actual car. Besides building a car just to sell it isn't a smart financial move.
junkyard racer
New ITRCA Member

Post by junkyard racer »

Having a car that handles like a R is one thing. My EG would
out handle a stock R like its cool. Is that what you are trying to acheive?

-or-

Having a car that resembles a R and im sure you will try to pass it off as one is another.

you can find R's now pretty dang cheap if you look hard enough...and what you want. If its your 'dream car' then you necessarly wouldnt buy the first R you came to anyways...at least I would think.
96 R | EG6 | CE9A
TypeRwannabe
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeRwannabe »

yes i know i wanted to find myself a type R so so bad but im getting this ready for a upcomming show. i needed a car ASAP but right when im done with this maybe a few weeks will pass and it will be up for sale or trade for a real type R. I should have pics of my progress soon im still looking for my camera. I lost it during my moving to one home to another
CobraStar
New ITRCA Member

Post by CobraStar »

You know what i'm not even going to criticize you, if that's what you want to do then do it. You wont be the first you won't be the last, just keep in mind the money you will spend will be about as much as you would pay for an R anyway. No matter what the R's color it still has the heart of an R thats all that matters. Remember no matter what the color it's still pink or in this case red in the middle :wink:
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

I was going to do the same thing with my gsr. But I found an R and I feel so much better having it, ppl give you respect for having one and not makeing a replica. there is a guy in the town next to me that has a black gsr with typoe r lip, interior, wing, everything. He even has that stickers and it makes me sick now that I own one. So my advice is to just get an acual R. Your feel so much better that building a replica and your gonna get more respect and save more money by the time you get everything neways.