How many of you guys are running without cats?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Sick TR »

so, how about Comptech Test Pipe?
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

Inlinefour has a nice price of 100 $ for a carsound high flow cat. http://www.inlinefour.com/carunhigcatc.html

So what do you guys suggest would the best choice to use with a JDM 4-1 DC sports header and Dc sports 2¼" cat back system

1. a JDM OEM ITR cat for 130$.
2. a Car sound High flow Cat for 100$.
3. A SMSP test pipe for 75$.

i'm about to but so i'd like opinions from you guys, all prices exclude shipping...
thanks for the help
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Type R 98 wrote:Inlinefour has a nice price of 100 $ for a carsound high flow cat. http://www.inlinefour.com/carunhigcatc.html

So what do you guys suggest would the best choice to use with a JDM 4-1 DC sports header and Dc sports 2¼" cat back system

1. a JDM OEM ITR cat for 130$.
2. a Car sound High flow Cat for 100$.
3. A SMSP test pipe for 75$.

i'm about to but so i'd like opinions from you guys, all prices exclude shipping...
thanks for the help
Those cats are not custome sized and flanged to work . . .That is just the cat.

You will still need piping welded to length and a 3 hole flange and a 2 hole flange put on it.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

so are you saying the Carsound from your guy will fit correctly for the price you mentionned, or i still need flanges and piping for the one from him too, and was that comment also directed towards the JDM ITR cat?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Type R 98 wrote:so are you saying the Carsound from your guy will fit correctly for the price you mentionned, or i still need flanges and piping for the one from him too, and was that comment also directed towards the JDM ITR cat?
It will bolt rigt up. All you need to buy are longer bolts.

Trey
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

that was a bit sketchy, which one needs longer bolts, carsound or simply talking about the ITR JDM cat or both?

btw anyone knows which flows better beetween jdm cat and carsound cat? any tests?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Both flanges needs different bolts. the Cat to Header needs longer Bolts and washers and the cat to B-pipe needs bolts cause the original bolts are studs in the OEM cat.

This si based on aftermarket cat info. I have no flow numbers and don't know anyone that can easily get OEM JDM cats.

Trey
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Hey, I email SMSP at the address you linked me to, but he never responded to my email, I'm sure he's bussy and all, but.....

What ever,
Aj
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

Post by captainzorg »

I just got a price quote from random technologies on a high flow cat with a 2 1/2 in collector for my R ( to fit my DC HEADER) $285. Why is the Random Cat so much more $$ than the Carsound? Is there that much of a difference.

Is anyone here running with a Random Tech cat?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Paying for the name, although that sounds like a bit much, even for them...

Later,
Aj