A spring close to OE?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dev
ITRCA Member

A spring close to OE?

Post by Dev »

Im looking for a spring that will keep me close to factory ride height, fit a Koni Yellow, and give me the same to better performance. Im not looking for a total coil over system.

Thanks
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

You might look into Tein springs (not the coilovers). They offer a variety of spring rates and ride heights. We are installing them (and KYB AGX struts and shocks) into a buddy's SR20DET-powered 240sx sometime soon so we can give you a review of them then :)
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

The H&R sport springs are a perfect drop and aren't a highly stiff spring at all. I had them on my car before i bought coilovers. Honestly if you have an R buy coilovers you won't believe how good your car will handle.
Anyways another good spring out are the new tein S-tech's. Good luck with whatever you do.
later
-Jon
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Yeah, the H&R OE sport is pretty close to stock, and will fit a koni yellow. I happen to preffer the sport, which is a little lower, but looks that much better...

Later,
Aj
Dev
ITRCA Member

spring

Post by Dev »

Nice, those HR sports, what do they leave you with for camber. And, any ideas on the right Tein for the R...I really would like to go no lower than .25" below factory r/h. I am not 100% on the spring weights..do you work in ratio af front to back when figuring the right fit, or does someone have a recomended weight for front and back..Im looking for a good performance combonation, not a concoction for the track.

any science appreciated
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

Then if i were you get a tein coilover kit. The Tein RA's or even the RE's is a pretty nice coilover. the spring rates i believe are 14/745 in the front and 10/523 in the rear. As far as camber goes..whenever you lower the car its gonna have negative camber. As far as camber kits go.. the Skunk2 camber plate replaces the upper control arm and and adjustable settings. Another good one i saw is the one http://www.kingmotorsports.com came up with.. Anyway good luck
later
-Jon
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

get the OE sport springs from H&R, it's a tad more drop than you're looking for, but on the same hand, you won't find a spring that only drops it a quarter inch. The OE sport doesn't give you enough negative camber to worry about camber kits, and they should work fine for what you want.

Good Luck,
Aj
heavydman99
New ITRCA Member

Post by heavydman99 »

I have sprint springs (1 1/2) inch drop. Great ride, but it looks exaclty stock...cant tell the difference. If you want a stock height, i would recommend them, but im very disappointed.

ADAM
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

You sure you got teh correct springs??? Mine had a 1.5 inch drop in teh front and 1.3 in teh rear, and it was a lot lower. The tires almost touch the fenders, about a finger from them acutally, compared to 2 fingers stock, that's a pretty substancial drop.....

Later,
Aj
Dev
ITRCA Member

springs

Post by Dev »

So no major geometry issues and will fit the Koni yellow...I think I predicts some HR for the future. What shock are your springs matched to Aj? Is there a better match for the HR sport than the Koni yellow (in the same price range...?

Dev
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Well, I actually sold my H&R sport springs for a set of Ohlins coilovers about a year ago or so, but I would recomend Billsteins over the Konis, especially as H&R uses Billstein sports that are painted or rebadged on most of their coilovers and cup kits. If you ever look at a coilover kit for an E36 M3, the rears ever still say bilstein.

Koni's are nice, they're just a little rough as far as dampning goes for the street. The bilstein is a nice compromise.....I've tried at some point almost everything out there, and I'd say for struts, go with bilstein.

Just my opinion....

Later,
Aj