question????????PLEASE HELP>

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

question????????PLEASE HELP>

Post by Sick TR »

hello everyone, I have a question -when I'm driving about 45mph @ fourth gear. my car start Vibrating(shaking) I will like to know if anybody knows what's going on . when is in Natrual is vibrating also. I'm thinking that it might be the Intake because I don't have a passby valve(wherever) and is been raining alot here in Oregon. so please some help.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Possible that the wheels are out of balance....When's the last time you had it done????
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

not sure

Post by Sick TR »

I haven't done anything to the wheels. so, it might be that. well I just call to the Acura to set up an apptment for next week. also, I'm planing go to the track this weekend. what did you guys think, or should I just wait . to fix my car. thanx
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Re: question????????PLEASE HELP>

Post by ITR862 »

Sick TR wrote:hello everyone, I have a question -when I'm driving about 45mph @ fourth gear. my car start Vibrating(shaking) I will like to know if anybody knows what's going on . when is in Natrual is vibrating also. I'm thinking that it might be the Intake because I don't have a passby valve(wherever) and is been raining alot here in Oregon. so please some help.
Funny you should say this because mine is doing the same thing BUT it happened about an hour ago when I washed my engine. I hope it doesnt mess up on me. I have washed the engine before the same way but I always try not to spray the filter (mine is a short ram AEM). Also, the other day I went through one of those drive through car washes and when it sprayed the undercarriage it did the same thing. I think I found the problem though. Before when I washed it I had my short ram into a coldair with the valve and it didnt do it. My guess would be to GET the bypass valve. It WILL save your engine.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I firmly disagree...though AEM claims their bypass valve is the greatest thing since sliced bread, in anu number of mags, they've proved that it works poorly at best. The premis behind AEM's intake bypass valve is that the filter is completely submerged, and in most cases, unless you're stupid enough to drive almost up to your headlights in water, then the pressure change won't be enough to activate it. Aside from that, if you're that far up into a puddle, you have other things to worry about other than sucking up water.....

If you 'll notice the test they do on an NSX, the NSX filter is in a fish tank, yet, you'll notice it's all the way in the fish tank, with none of the filter exposed. If you hadn't gathered by now taht AEM's bypass valve works on pressure. It uses an ambient pressure chnage to opent the bypass vavle. Unfortunately if you're sucking up water, it may not be enough, unless the filter is sufficiently submerged.

I've had several friends who have hydro locked their motors on blind faith with that bypass valve, swearing by it, untill it was their cause of ruin.

Dont waste your money, and surely dont rely on it for anything else other than one more gimick.....

Later,
Aj
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Sick TR »

thanx guys well like I said I 'm taking the car next week to the my local Acura but when I call to set up the apptment I xplain them what's going with my car and the guy tell me that if I have any Motyfication and the damage is because of da they will not fix my car. so I 'm worry about it because I have the intake an herader.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Nah, that's bullshit. As long as the modifications that you did, didn't cause the problem in any forseable way, then they can't deny you warranty work, just on the basis that it's modified. For example, if your car is leaking oil due to a leaky gasket, they can't blame that on your mods, as they in no way could possibly affect your gaskets. But, if you have a problem with say your throttle body, then they can say that you modified the intake, and that's why the throttle body failed. Bottom line, if they really want to, they can find a way to screw with you. If it's something you think is major, then put all your factory stuff back on just for the trip. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you tried getting balanced yet....that sounds like it could be your problem. You may want to try that first, it's a cheap sollution to a problem that might just be regular maintenence.

Later,
Aj