i just did the biggest...(help please)engine light on

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
i <3 my dc2
New ITRCA Member

i just did the biggest...(help please)engine light on

Post by i <3 my dc2 »

mistake of my life...messed up my engine or something.
Umm i was racing a stang in a road full of gravel and when we took off he slid and almost hit my car...when i was paying attention to him i redline...then after i realized it i shifted...but then i did another mistake and grinded a gear...now its messed up and here is where im asking for help.
If i turn on my car and leave it alone the rpms idle up and down then it gives up and turns off...at high speeds(65 mph) the car seems fine except for something kind of rattling...also the gears seem more loose.
#00-272
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Your first and biggest mistake was street racing, the rest were caused by driver error.

Bouncing off the limiter won't hurt anything, neither will grinding an occasional gear, unless you are power shifting like a mad street racer.

What else happened? 3rd to 2nd?
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

sorry to hear that but comming from your "i <3 my dc2" I can only say that you just don't love heR as much as you should :? first off street race is NO good, second if it was for me I always attempt to avoid ANY surface that have potential danger to (paint, chassis,) I almost crashed once trying to avoid a damn road kill racoon but this is just me :D , wish you luck taking care of car problems :wink:
i <3 my dc2
New ITRCA Member

Post by i <3 my dc2 »

na its wasnt street racing it was a 1/4 mile they use for racing...but there was some construction going on in the area and shit like that...yeah i did the mistake...it was my driver error i do agree with that im not saying im the best or anything like that i was just trying to get some help from u guys but i guess not...and i do love her...thanx anyways
#00-272
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

i <3 my dc2 wrote:na its wasnt street racing it was a 1/4 mile they use for racing...but there was some construction going on in the area and shit like that...yeah i did the mistake...it was my driver error i do agree with that im not saying im the best or anything like that i was just trying to get some help from u guys but i guess not...and i do love her...thanx anyways
Uhh I asked questions to get some clarification, your post was way too vague to help you out.
i <3 my dc2
New ITRCA Member

Post by i <3 my dc2 »

Dave-ROR wrote:
i <3 my dc2 wrote:na its wasnt street racing it was a 1/4 mile they use for racing...but there was some construction going on in the area and shit like that...yeah i did the mistake...it was my driver error i do agree with that im not saying im the best or anything like that i was just trying to get some help from u guys but i guess not...and i do love her...thanx anyways
Uhh I asked questions to get some clarification, your post was way too vague to help you out.
yeah i know my previous post was just what i had to say for urs and serGTR's post...but na man thats all that happened i redline and grinded...and went i came to stop the rpm's started idleing up and down and gave
#00-272
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Bent valve(s) ?
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Any distinctive noises?

CEL codes?

We need more info to diagnose...
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Bbasso wrote:Bent valve(s) ?
That's what it sounds like, but redlining (assuming stock redline) and grinding won't do that.

Oh and "racing a stang in a road" = street racing, whether or not honda's with big wings block off both ends of the road or not :P
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Dave-ROR wrote:
Bbasso wrote:Bent valve(s) ?
That's what it sounds like, but redlining (assuming stock redline) and grinding won't do that.

Oh and "racing a stang in a road" = street racing, whether or not honda's with big wings block off both ends of the road or not :P
yup street racing is street racing, BOO!
i <3 my dc2
New ITRCA Member

Post by i <3 my dc2 »

yep bent valves....and i dont think its street racing where u pay to race ur car and its a track and i know what i did...but whatever man i dont wanna start sounding tough over the net so thanx for ya'll inputs
#00-272