What I Did With My Money...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

What I Did With My Money...

Post by pUrExTc »

Awhile back ago, I was asking what to do with roughly $2000. Anyone remember, or care? Anyway, I took that $2000, and got a nice loan and bought a Honda CBR600RR (it's a motorcycle). Check it out at Honda.com. It's pretty cool. Anyone else a ridah?
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Used to have a 600F3 Smoking Joe Camel edition(the purple and yellow one). I loved it to death, but when I moved from Arizona to Florida, I was forced to sell it. I really wish I hadn't, but it's not in my budget to buy one now....Aside from that, the people in south florida drive like nut jobs, in addition, it rains a couple times a week, usually without warning....

Good luck with it; Bad ass bike!!!!!

Later,
Aj
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

since i sold my r, i been missing the speed! So, i bought an 03 yamaha yzf r6. black with red. Loving it, but still wish for an r!
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
quikRthanU
New ITRCA Member

Post by quikRthanU »

thats a bad ass bike...good choice
im working on my bike that i wrecked last july some idiot on a cell phone stopped paying attention and hit the brakes in the middle of the intersection...a buddy of mine and i both wrecked pretty hard
good luck and be careful...its never you but its those damn cars on the road!
88 5.0 stanger
ill eat you all alive, and sound better
Dev
ITRCA Member

pipes

Post by Dev »

Loud pipes save lives
cxSHOE
ITRCA Member

Post by cxSHOE »

i had a 99 harley fatboy blue silver two tone, with wide whitewalls, lowered 1in. halogen fog lights, with dual carbs, custom ported head, Sampson pipes.

sold it last year,,, it got too dangerous.. i took the bike up to 145mph...it didnt shake too bad , like i thought it would..i did croutch down a tad to help with the wind........i only did it once... too scared to do it again..plus harleys are not meant for speed......it was either kill myself quicker in getting a kawa. 750 rr (limited race version) used. or kill myself later and buy a brand new harley.......

i'll stick to cars from now on..... but i had my thrills...... so enjoy and always look ahead, and remember theres a time and place for speed.. choose wisely......

oh and loud pipes may save lifes... my pipes were the loudess you can get, no baffles just a straight pipe and still people would make turns in front of me....
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

yeah, as i understand it...you just have to be very AWARE of what's going on. Wish me luck...everyone goes down eventually, right?
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

Post by captainzorg »

CONGRATS ON THE BIKE!!!

I am in the same situation you were in. I have some cash I can spend. I am torn between putting it into the R or selling my current bike for a Honda 1800 VTX. Very tempting. By buddy just got one a few weeks ago. I had a chance to ride it with the Vance & Hines pipes, power commander . It sounds MEAN. My bike is a little scooter in comparison.

My only hang up is I need to sell my current bike.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

is it expensive to insure an R and a Bike or they assume you cant ride both at onceand give u a good rebate?
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

$192. and some odd cents./mo.
a friend of mine has his bike and his car insured (it's not a sport car) for $440/yr. (he's had a clean record for many years though).
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
mydc2200
New ITRCA Member

Post by mydc2200 »

reply to paul98itr : poor paul, i'll miss my R same as u.