Site redsign time . . .Anyone a web designer?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Trey
Site Admin

Site redsign time . . .Anyone a web designer?

Post by Trey »

Ok, well the website has been a bit stale for the last little while. Budman has officially gotten old and too busy to help admin the website. I can admin the back end stuff but am definitely not the artistic one in my family.

I am looking for a new webmaster to help design a new site and administer it. If we have multiple people interested we can work as a team as well as have you guys submit separate designs for review. I will ask that we keep the current logo that is found at the top of the forums but am otherwise flexible.

I pay for the hosting yearly out of my own pocket so we don't have much to offer except prestige if that even counts.

you can PM me or email me.

Trey
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Trey, I have "idea's" however I'm not artistic at all.

Also, willing to lend any hand needed to accomplish this!!! :D
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Dave I heard you were extremely Autistic.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

willing to dig thru my shallow pockets to help out, only due to my lack of programming/web skills.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Trey wrote:Dave I heard you were extremely Autistic.
Don't forget short!

Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

what's everyone's opinion on a "platinum member" type setup that will give you something (post some ideas) in exchange for say, $10/year.

This would only be to help pay for the double hosting at the current time with hopes that other funds would pay beyond the first year, but we could continue to use such a system if user's see a value in it.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Dave-ROR wrote:what's everyone's opinion on a "platinum member" type setup that will give you something (post some ideas) in exchange for say, $10/year.

This would only be to help pay for the double hosting at the current time with hopes that other funds would pay beyond the first year, but we could continue to use such a system if user's see a value in it.
Give me the paypal addy and funds will be sent right now. ;)

I like the idea myself actually, but if there is a charge for the site, I'm sure members are going to want something in return. A lanyard for Expo, or something small/silly like that. Just food for thought.

Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I think Dave was suggesting a members only forum and a membership number. Really basic stuff at this point. Might even be able to recoup the $5 with a $5 off at the Expo discount for members . . .
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Trey wrote:I think Dave was suggesting a members only forum and a membership number. Really basic stuff at this point. Might even be able to recoup the $5 with a $5 off at the Expo discount for members . . .
Correct. maybe some member decals or something, obviously would depend on how many people want to do it and what people want for it.

The goal for us would be to be able to pay for the first year of hosting while this site/server is still active. That way, once the new site is complete, we can do a quick switchover with just a few days downtime for the DNS changes.

Of course, anyone that pays would be involved in the redesign as well, access to the new site for testing, giving the developers ideas, etc.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

That's what I was getting at. Decals or some sort of ITRCA membership letter... the little things.

I'm all for some payments, you guys just let me know where to send it.

tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

i'd consider contributing

if you guys weren't so internationalist :P

(yes i made that up on the spot)
cheezthis:- Last year was much calmer compared to previous years.

AssPenny:-
That was because I wasn't there :P
97 TYPE-R 312
Mid Atlantic Director

Post by 97 TYPE-R 312 »

Trey,

I don't have web design or any artistic skills. I can however support with some $.

I just renewed http://www.itrca-midatlantic.com. I haven't updated that site in ages though, as well as my poor vprmotorsports.com site. :(

-Victor
97 TYPE-R 312
06 TSX 6MT NAVI
09 Ninja 250R
VPR Motorsports
Sponsoring EXPO 03-10
Mid Atlantic Dealer for Cobalt Friction, Sparco, Bell, Amsoil
i <3 my dc2
New ITRCA Member

Post by i <3 my dc2 »

im willing to help with almost anything :)
#00-272
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I like the idea of a paid membership...that will make it that much more elite.

Also, prestige should def go a long ways on designing the website for the Integra Type R Club of America's website!
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Dave-ROR wrote:what's everyone's opinion on a "platinum member" type setup that will give you something (post some ideas) in exchange for say, $10/year.
Definitely a good idea. I'm in :) I like the Expo discount or free decal idea or how about an extra "Platinum Members" session at Expo! Hell, I'd pay more than $10 for another session on track! :P

<--also waiting on ITRCA swag to purchase :lol: Just the basics, bumper stickers, window decals, license plate frames, polo shirts, baseball caps... :P
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

So if there is a member's fee, then this place would be the elitest place from hell :P

joking of course.

In return for a member fee, stickers and a shirt of choice should be offered as hard items. Then we could apply the remains to this site and future Expos.

Yearly fee of $25.00 I think is fair. less is useless and more would scare people off.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I'm not in it to make money and the site doesn't cost that much but at the same time with more money we could do more. With the Expo I don't plan to organize it any time soon but some thoughts I could work with the organizer are Parade session for members only or discount at entry.

I'd rather set the price between $5 and $10 and let you guys "Donate" additional funds while making the minimum payment.

None of this gets off the ground without a web designer though. So far we could offer Free membership, I'd guess a decent discount in the Expo, Admin status and a notch on the resume.

Trey
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

I can offer my help for the site web design, free of course. I don't have a lot of free time for this so I would prefer to work with other people in a team.

Please start sharing some ideas on what kind of scheme/layout/design you would like.

- neo
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

I will help explain what's in the backside for anyone new who wants to help.

I just don't have time. I'm officially an old fart!!

My focus is winning the SCCA ITR 2008 Championship. Other than that - I won't be doing much car stuff.
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

BudMan wrote:I will help explain what's in the backside for anyone new who wants to help.
Let me know.
soulassassin13
ITRCA Member

Post by soulassassin13 »

Could you throw in the ability to change the title above the avatar too? This other forum that I frequent did that and I think it helped with their numbers.
Timeless. Keeping it real, so you don't have to.
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

BudMan wrote:I will help explain what's in the backside for anyone new who wants to help.
Is it still running on MySQL?
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Guys I have a limited webpage and access knowledge but I am more than willing to lend a hand in any way.

The platinum membership fee sounds like a good idea. I like what other have suggested and I would be willing to donate more to the cause to help the transition in terms of funds.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

splat wrote:
Is it still running on MySQL?
Yup.

The whole site needs revamped. Energy is definately missing, as evident by the fact I haven't even been out here in a week.

I guess I need the couple of people willing to help to email me at jeff@nocoastracing.com.

- phone number
- web skills
- sample sites (if any - this is not to exclude anyone, but will help me divide & conquer).
- What you are willing to help with (ie. database, entire site, create content, just update stuff others provide, etc).

I'm excited to see others showing interest.

Thank you.
Jeff