2004 expo

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

2004 expo

Post by H.I.D's »

If it was at all possible..could there be 2 expos held in a year? One for the East coast and one for the West coast? Hint..one in the southeast in Florida!
-Jon
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Probably (98% chance) that if we did have an East coast Expo it woudl NOT be in FL. Why don't you drive like everyone else did. The Road trip was 1/2 the fun. We had 3-4 people from Ft Lauderdale this year. . .
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

To be totally honest with you... driving with 5-point harnesses and sparco seat for a day or 2 on the road non-stop is quite uncomfortable. It's not that though.. we have rigs, trailers what have you because we race all over the u.s. But if you would just check out florida and see what kinda tracks there, I'm almost positive you'd plant the next expo in florida. Not about the drive.. and for the people who haven't gone to any of the tracks in florida.. check them out i guarentee you'd make the drive. Besides wouldn't 90% of the fun be running your car at the track?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

BlackForestMotorsports wrote:check them out i guarentee you'd make the drive. Besides wouldn't 90% of the fun be running your car at the track?
I have checked out all the tracks and am VERY familiar with Sebring, Homestead and a few of the smaller tracks in FL. I am positive that it isn't JUST about track quality. If the track is isolated from 90% of the Nation that doesn't exactly make for a good National Expo . . .

We chose the track based on Location, track quality, cost and availibility. There is a lot more to it. I don't see it making it to Sebring any time real soon but you never know. Definitely won't be until 2006.

Just as a side not I'd say 25-30 of the people driving at the expo drove in rigid back bucket seats and 5 pt harnesses to get to BeaveRun and many were far from home. It is being done and people are having enough fun no one is complaining.
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

Cool dude! hope theres gonna be a good track next year