JDM P73 ecu or USDM????

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
importknight
New ITRCA Member

JDM P73 ecu or USDM????

Post by importknight »

-i just got a type-r with the following mods. i had to switch out my JDM ecu for the my USDM for inspection my question is should i stay with the USDM ecu or switch back to JDM. right now it runs perfectly fine with Both. i just hear that the JDM's run rich sometimes so idk i havent gotten strait answers most ppl are either for or against it.
- also my temp guage plays games and never actally heats up to normal temp is that from the mugen thermo?

Mods:
-JDM ITR header
-Carsound 2.5" cat converter
-T1R 2.5" stainless b-pipe
-Comptech OEM replacement filter
-JDM P73 ECU
-Skunk2 short shift
-Clutch masters FX100 clutch
-Finanza lightweight flywheel
-Mugen thermostat
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: JDM P73 ecu or USDM????

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

importknight wrote:-i just got a type-r with the following mods. i had to switch out my JDM ecu for the my USDM for inspection my question is should i stay with the USDM ecu or switch back to JDM. right now it runs perfectly fine with Both. i just hear that the JDM's run rich sometimes so idk i havent gotten strait answers most ppl are either for or against it.
- also my temp guage plays games and never actally heats up to normal temp is that from the mugen thermo?

Mods:
-JDM ITR header
-Carsound 2.5" cat converter
-T1R 2.5" stainless b-pipe
-Comptech OEM replacement filter
-JDM P73 ECU
-Skunk2 short shift
-Clutch masters FX100 clutch
-Finanza lightweight flywheel
-Mugen thermostat
Yes. Operating temperature: 68°C (STD.: 76~80°C) Full-throttle acceleration temperature: 81°C (STD.: 90°C). You should use a Mugen fan switch with this.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
importknight
New ITRCA Member

Post by importknight »

thx but i still need help with the ecu?
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

With those mods I woulnt run any other ecu then the stock.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com